eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jim The Movie Freak's SIGNS Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ascamp2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:13 am    Post subject: Jim The Movie Freak's SIGNS Review Reply with quote

Jim The Movie Freak is an ass. That's all.
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welllllll,

If you had any legitimate complaints or specific exceptions to take with Jim's review, you've already sunk your own argument by leaving such a moronic comment.

Articulate thought = Your friend.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: yes but... Reply with quote

Although, he is right. Jim is an ass. Just for different reasons.

Jim, you're an ass, right?

Oz

- I'm a weiner.
ascamp2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: He's still an ass for that review Reply with quote

I would have pointed out specific reasons why I didn't like his review, but the review as a whole was idiotic. I would have had to sit here for hours typing. I figured I'd sum up his review with a few words.

I'll give you 2 of the many reasons he is an ass, if it will make you feel better. First off, He can't even spell M. Night Shyamalan's name right. He spells it Schymalan. This guy is suppose to be a critic. At least spell the person's ,who you are bashing, name right.

Second. This Jim guy obviously went into SIGNS deciding he was not going to like it. It is apparent by reading the review. He starts off his review telling us he doesn't like M. Night Shyamalan's other 2 movies. Therefore he is biased before he even watches SIGNS. The review turns into a personal attack on Shyamalan, rather than a review for SIGNS.

I'll say it again now. Jim The Movie Freak is an ass. That's all
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:23 am    Post subject: Having said that... Reply with quote

No, that's not all.

Lance Bass is also an ass, he even had an 'ass' in his surname!

Classy Freddy Blassey has two 'asses' in his name, so he's a double ass.

Dick Dastardley has an 'as', not an 'ass', in his surname, but his first name is Dick, so draw your own conclusions.

This comment has been brought to you by the letters A, S and S.
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz = Ass
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing that's the funniest shit

BTW, I thought I was the ass.

the one everybody liked to kick.

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: you're right. Reply with quote

There's plenty of ass room here. We're all like an SUV n'shit.
Kyle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Jim the Movie Freak, he made me aware that Sam Raimi directed Superman in his Frailty review.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Sam Ramai directed Superman?!?!?! Reply with quote

I thought it was Richard Donner Very Happy
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really easy to point out someone else's mistakes in an effort to make your own selves seem smarter. (C'mon... Do you guys really think Jim thinks that Raimi directed Superman? Seems an honest mistake to me.)

If you'd like to point out someone's mistake, why not do it the classy way and drop them an email? Jim can defend himself, but it's not kosher to sit here and bash someone in a public forum. You don't like his work? Fine, don't read it.

If you guys were knocking ME like this, I'd flip like a horny rhino. Let's show a little respect for out fellow reviewers.
Kyle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think I think he thinks that? No. I was just kidding around, but I don't like putting smileys at the end of posts to show that, then it makes the post family friendly.

And I would be more then happy to drop him an email... if I knew his address. And I do like his work, I think he's one of the best on this site and should write more often.
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horny 14 year olds. Horny rhinos. What next?
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for this same guy to post here: Erik The Movieman is an ass.

Hasn't happened yet.

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I just saw the movie, then read Erik's review. I gotta say, Erik is dead on. This movie is chock full of plot holes and pretentiousness. Shyamalan (or however the fuck you spell his name) is a one-trick pony, and "The Sixth Sense" was his one trick.

Review to come . . .
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyder,

Are you trying to pick a fight? Word of advice - Don't. You will lose.

Erik

P.S. y2mckay knows what he's talking about Very Happy
Jim The Movie Freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: I Prefer The Term Booty, Asscamp, I Mean Ascamp... Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll say it again now. Jim The Movie Freak is an ass. That's all

Here we go. Oh boy. Calling somebody a name. How 3rd grade...
First of all, it's more than apparent that I have to check out the board more often because I'm way behind in my defense here. I've said this before, if there are legitimate errors in my reviews be it spelling or otherwise, all a reader has to do is email me and point out the blunder. Cool critics here as well as the occassional passer-by have been kind enough to do so by pointing out gramatical errors in the past. The "Superman" reference was a clear lapse in my "Frailty" review and I apologize, but I've heard even my buddies accidentally call "Spiderman" by Richard Donner's "Superman" on accident as well.

As far ascamp's "ass" remark... let me say first off, that I prefer the term "booty." It just sounds nicer than "ass." And this isn't the first time I've been slammed. It all goes back to when I worked in a video store and wrote a one and a half star review of "Schindler's List." I had to defend my review on a bi-weekly basis practically, so I better get to work here...

Quote:
"First off, He can't even spell M. Night Shyamalan's name right. He spells it Schymalan. This guy is suppose to be a critic. At least spell the person's ,who you are bashing, name right."

I'll be the first to admit. I write my reviews faster than Vin Deisel on a snowboard. I type like a motherfucker and it's not because I'm in a hurry or I overlook my reviews when I re-read them, but I'm always trying to get A LOT of work done in such a limited amount of time. Going to the movies and writing reviews is something I would do even if I weren't an online critic. And I do apologize for fucking up the guy's name... but he's not John Carpenter. Perhaps M. Night should cut off his last name. It would sound cooler.

Quote:
"Second. This Jim guy obviously went into SIGNS deciding he was not going to like it. It is apparent by reading the review. He starts off his review telling us he doesn't like M. Night Shyamalan's other 2 movies. Therefore he is biased before he even watches SIGNS. The review turns into a personal attack on Shyamalan, rather than a review for SIGNS."

COMPLETELY FALSE. I walked in hoping to enjoy the hell out of it because I simply thought the trailer was golden. If you actually read the review, I clearly state that I am a fan of "The Sixth Sense." I have grown to like less over time and I would give it Three Stars instead of the Four I did upon first viewing, but I have never disliked it or found it to be un-entertaining. And you know what, and I learned this from a colleague of mine... I preface the review by saying that I don't find M. Night to be an original anymore especially after sitting through "Unbreakable." So right off the bat, I am stating my previous prejudices... so if you happen to think both of his movies are four star masterpieces and want to bear M. Night's children, then completely disregard my take on his latest whatsoever. I mean if you hate Julia Roberts... as an actress or as a person... aren't you even going to walk into one of her movies with a little bit of bias? Critics are infallible. We all have different tastes. So I figure I'd let the reader know off-hand that I have some reservations because of his last endeavor... but I walked in hoping M. Night would turn himself around after his detour instead of getting worse. And for me, he got worse. I want to like every movie I see, even if I see the trailer for something as dumb as "The New Guy." I hope that even a smile will consitute 90 minutes of my life gone by. As far as "Signs" goes, I'm sick of hearing about its so-called brilliance. If you thought it was spiritually uplifting or purely entertaining... fine. I will give M. Night a chance with each movie he puts out that follows... simply because "The Sixth Sense" was a breath of fresh air, and I hope he can capture that same sense again, but "Signs" is not the second coming. No need for name-calling dude, just chill and say you hate me.

Sincerely,
Jim The Movie Freak. (The Booty)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik The Movieman wrote:
Slyder,

Are you trying to pick a fight? Word of advice - Don't. You will lose.

Erik

P.S. y2mckay knows what he's talking about Very Happy

I somehow was expecting you to say that.

OF COURSE NOT, I was just implying that since our topic-starter called our colleague Jim an ass, I was expecting that he would do the same to you, and of course to Y2Mkay.

But hey, he didn't.

I was in no way posting a flamebait, of any kind, if you think that. You're entitled to your opinion, isn't anyone?

Chill dude, and cheers Smile

Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyder,

No worries. Everything's cool. Just figured with all the name-calling and calling-out going on in this thread, I thought I would try out my Ivan Drago impression. Doesn't work quite as well in print.

Erik
Hessian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seams to be a lot of ASS in this thread. Kinda like Daytona beach at spring break. Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: