eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yeah, let's remake.....um....Terror Train!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Yeah, let's remake.....um....Terror Train! Reply with quote

Whaaa?

Quote:
In conjunction with Maverick Films and Integrated Films and Management, Emmett/Furla Films, a wholly owned subsidiary of Family Room Entertainment Corporation, has announced that they are in final negotiations to acquire the rights to remake the 1980 horror classic, Terror Train. The original picture, which was directed by Roger Spottiswoode and starred Jamie Lee Curtis, follows a group of college coeds being terrorized by a masked killer during a New Year's Masquerade on a chartered train.

Emmett/Furla and Integrated recently partnered to set up a remake of the horror classic The Amityville Horror with NuImage and Dimension Films.

Co-chairs of Family Room Entertainment Randall Emmett and George Furla stated: "We are very excited to be re-teaming with Steve (Whitney) and Andy (Trapani) on another horror remake. We are also thrilled to be working with Maverick Films, who bring an extraordinary depth of creative resources."

"Suspense on a train is a classic formula that's been relatively unexplored in recent years," said Andy Trapani and Steve Whitney of Integrated Films and Management.

Source: Coming Soon

(I do believe that the article quoted above is actually LONGER than the original Terror Train screenplay.)

Ooh and I hope they get David Blaine to play the David Copperfield part.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone will actually watch it this time.

the biggest irony, of course, is that this low-grade gory schlockfest will be produced by an outfit called "Family Room Entertainment". Because, really, what better to entertain the entire family with than a movie called TERROR TRAIN
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best line: "Suspense on a train is a classic formula that's been relatively unexplored in recent years." Someone said that. About Terror Train.

Wonderful.

Isn't this the movie with the funny nose and glasses killer?

Dave
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Another remake, this time from a lame-ass teen-horror flick.

Geez... at least the old one had Jamie Lee Curtis, when she was hotter than hell.

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, quick. Someone write a screenplay with me. What should we make it?

Prom Night? The Boogens? Ooh, how about The House on Sorority Row? The Dorm That Dripped Blood? Curtains!

That's it. I'm writing a remake of Curtains.

And then a remake of Chopping Mall.
Kyle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:
Prom Night?

Sure

I really don't like the idea of horror remakes, as I'd rather see them try and do something original. But I do like that they're remaking some movies that weren't so good, like Terror Train, Prom Night, and The Amityville Horror - because at least one of those movies had potential that wasn't fully realized, and maybe the on the second-go-round it will be. But stay the fuck away from the rest of the classics, k.
Lurk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Best line: "Suspense on a train is a classic formula that's been relatively unexplored in recent years." Someone said that. About Terror Train.

Wonderful.

Hah, hah, hah, don't know why but that line struck me as hilarious. Having never seen the original, I immediately thought of someone chopping up Hercule Poirot on the Orient Express.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: