eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My XXX experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulapalooza
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:22 am    Post subject: My XXX experience Reply with quote

Nope, despite my living in the Valley, this topic does not mean I just tag-teamed Jenna Jameson and Tera Patrick with Janine Lindemulder, Kobe Tai, Raylene, and Kira Kener daisy-chaining in the adjoining bed. Damn it.

Nope, I caught a press screening of the new Vin Diesel opus (but as an audient plebe, not as a connected studio-guy or the press, damn it again), and it's a passbale little action flick for the under-18 set with the unchallenging worldview and simpleminded cause and effect that only brain-dead actioners can foist upon us. Two best things...some excellent, excellent physically-impossible stunt work (I kept thinking of SSX Tricky and GTA3) and the ever-electric Asia Argento. Vin's OK, I guess...if you like Vin, which many of the ladies and gentlemen do.

The coolest-ass bit of the evening, as I stared behind me to see people filing into the theater..."I think that guy seven rows back is Cameron Crowe. It IS Cameron Crowe!!!!" I caught up to Mr. Crowe after the show (he had already been accosted by a couple of fans), and briefly accosted him myself. Now, I freakin' LOVE Crowe. FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH may be in may all-time Top 10, and ALMOST FAMOUS touched me in a way that, had it been a human female, I would have gotten lucky that night. I understand how some people can see his work as overly "precious," and I grok that argument, but what can I say, I buy what he's selling. I asked him to keep casting Jason Lee in whatever he does, told him my time in Seattle made me appreciate SINGLES anew.

And he wasn't an asshole. He was actually nice, and even engaging.

Thank God.

So that was my evening.

Paul

-THE DUDE
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

1. Is the movie fun?

2. What did you talk to Crowe about?

3. You better change that damn sig quote before the NFL season starts! Evil or Very Mad
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if seeing Cameron Crowe at my screening could have livened my experience of having sat through XXX - and that's an indictment of the piece of shit movie and not Crowe in any way.

Erik
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

That's a helluva first post!
Paulapalooza
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: questions three Reply with quote

1. Is the movie fun?

It's all right. Again, excellent stunt work. Bad acting, and not in a fun way. Hamfisted drama. If you're looking for someone to justify your love of a Vin Diesel movie (I remember you trolling about after you had a hard time admitting you liked DEEP BLUE SEA)...I'm not the guy!

2. What did you talk to Crowe about?

Pretty much what I said in the original post. I didn't want to stand there for 10 minutes geeking out. I did recount a post he made on the old Viewaskew Boards when a dude had come on blasting JERRY MAGUIRE (Calling it "Jerry McShit"). Crowe popped on later, and I can't remember the entirety of the post, but it began "As the director of 'Jerry McShit...'". He remembered the post and seemed to get a laugh out of it.

3. You better change that damn sig quote before the NFL season starts!

Fuck that! Eagles fans boo'ed Santa Claus! Classy bunch, there.

Paul

-THE DUDE
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, the only people who don't boo Santa Claus are the happy dopes who think he's actually bringing presents.

I boo all marketing ploys.
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

Shocked

Santie Claus?

*voicequiver*

-M
you're not just angry, you're mean.
Paulapalooza
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: cheesesteaks Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm sure that's what all the canny, socio-politically literate Eagles fans were thinking.

Paul

>Shit, the only people who don't boo Santa Claus are the happy dopes >who think he's actually bringing presents.

>I boo all marketing ploys.

-THE DUDE
Kyle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XXX looks about as much fun as driving a rusty nail through my spleen.
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle wrote:
XXX looks about as much fun as driving a rusty nail through my spleen.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Vin Diesel. I could watch this movie on mute.

XXX looks like it will be predictable, redundant, and without an original bone. But wasn't that the point?

I have to say, this may be the first time I have actually seen Asia Argento in a movie. She has been so lauded on these boards for so long. Strange but true.

I hate meeting celebrities and/or people I admire. You never know what to say, anyone have an embarassing moment they'd like to share?

-M
el Grinch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nope, despite my living in the Valley, this topic does not mean I just tag-teamed Jenna Jameson and Tera Patrick with Janine Lindemulder, Kobe Tai, Raylene, and Kira Kener daisy-chaining in the adjoining bed. Damn it."

Dammit! TEASE! Throw Juliette Jett and Anita Blonde in there and you're cooking with propane!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: