eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD Commentaries in text

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werdin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: DVD Commentaries in text Reply with quote

I've got a lot of DVD's where the director's saying a lot of interresting stuff about the making of the film, but just can't find the time to sit and listen to the commentary track along with the film.

Hence I'm looking for commentaries in text form suitable to print and read in whatever pace I'd like! Anyone seen a site like that?

Or is this a great idea for a new site? What do you think?
smrtpants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: DVD Commentaries in text Reply with quote

werdin wrote:
I've got a lot of DVD's where the director's saying a lot of interresting stuff about the making of the film, but just can't find the time to sit and listen to the commentary track along with the film.

Hence I'm looking for commentaries in text form suitable to print and read in whatever pace I'd like! Anyone seen a site like that?

Or is this a great idea for a new site? What do you think?

WTF, you can't find the time to sit and listen to the commentary, but you can find the time to locate & download & print-out & read that same commentary [out of context I might add!]...at whatever pace you'd like .!?!.*

* .!?!. This personalized punctuation is my way of denoting an emphasized rhetorical question.

No, this is not a great idea for a new site, but why don't you go ahead and buy a domain name and hire some people to do transcripts of DVD commentaries and see how many hits you get, nevermind how many orders you get for them, whether free or not...oh yeah, I meant to ask you if you also intend the transcripts to include a description of the on-screen action in order to allow the commentary to be presented in the way in which it was intended, you numpty, alongside the action it describes!

You must also be too busy for spell-check...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Feedback/Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: