eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samantha Morton Should be nominated this year for "Cont

View previous topic :: View next topic  
movie man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Samantha Morton Should be nominated this year for "Cont Reply with quote

She is amazing in this movie and in every movie she has ever been in. She reminds me of a young English Jessica Lange. She was also great in a brief cameo in "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" and "Longford" on TV. She is only getting award mentions overseas, but not here, what's up with that? hasn't anyone seen this film? What about the also outstanding Sam Riley in the same movie, he has won a few of the British awards for best actor, but no mentions from the critics here, I find it hard to believe that those critics could have seen this film, and not put both of them on their year end lists. They both were far more outstanding then almost all of the other contenders. Wake up, and give these two some year end support. Samantha has already received 2 oscar nominations, and this year she should have her 5th. That's right, go back and rent "Jesus's Son" and "Morvern Caller." She's one of the best young english actresses working today. She belongs on that list ABSOLUTELY!!!
smrtpants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Samantha Morton Should be nominated this year for " Reply with quote

movie man wrote:
She is amazing in this movie and in every movie she has ever been in.
...Samantha has already received 2 oscar nominations, and this year she should have her 5th. That's right, go back and rent "Jesus's Son" and "Morvern Caller." She's one of the best young english actresses working today. She belongs on that list ABSOLUTELY!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes! (only it's Morvern Callar)

This is the only time I've ever heard anyone else, never mind sing her praises, but even make mention, of her past outstanding performances...(going back to her BBC cable days...)

[her family dentist on the other hand is right pissed off...]

{you know, i suggested her to be considered as the female lead in 'nightwatching', but to no avail...}
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Feedback/Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: