eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Shark" Frigging RULES!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: "Shark" Frigging RULES! Reply with quote

For those who don't already know, I haven't owned a TV since 1999 because I grew to hate so much of the crap that passed for "entertainment" on the boob tube. (The Education of Max Bickford, with Richard Dreyfuss and Marcia Gay Harden, was the last show I watched with regularity.) But being a longtime and dedicated James Woods fan, I saw that the complete 1st season of Shark was available for rent at my local video store, which enabled me to watch over a 3-day period the entire series, which is damn, damn good. Sadly, being that I still refuse to buy a TV (I watch everything on my laptop), I can't keep up with it during its 2nd series until it arrives on DVD. Oh well. I wound up buying the 1st season for half-price so I can re-watch the 1st season as much as I want.

Any other fans of Shark?

(Oh, and cruising YouTube tonight, I came across this scene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1qcwyomVpM

...that ranks as one of the funniest I've ever seen.
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig it, although I like nearly every non-CSI procedural running right now. I think it's actually gotten a little better this year, with Kevin Pollack as the new DA; last year, the vibe was a little too much "House with lawyers".

And, yes, a weekly dose of James Woods is a very cool thing.
smrtpants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaySeaver wrote:
I dig it, although I like nearly every non-CSI procedural running right now. I think it's actually gotten a little better this year, with Kevin Pollack as the new DA; last year, the vibe was a little too much "House with lawyers".

And, yes, a weekly dose of James Woods is a very cool thing.

For the exact same 'House' wannabe factor I stopped watching Shark after the first few episodes despite my keen interest [and underground 'yummy-ugly' attraction] in James Woods.

I also recall mentioning in a post (although perhaps not on this forum) that after viewing him as a guest on Conan that I was thusly 'turned off' on account of his self-promoting/asshole-ish behaviour...

But now that I hear that someone else who held a similar initial opposition yet enjoyed the season, I will give it another chance...is it still on anyway?

Are there any other episodic shows that you didn't [want to/{couldn't, in your case...}] watch, that you have also discovered to be 'worthy after the fact'?

I have never had any interest in watching '24', yet wonder if I were to watch the episodes by season on DVD, that I might understand what all the 'hub-bub' was/is.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: