eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roger Ebert: The Essential Man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Gonsalves
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Roger Ebert: The Essential Man Reply with quote

Brilliant.

I don't cry easy. But the bit about Ebert's response to the Siskel tribute video being removed brought a tear.

- Iris Barry, Let's Go to the Movies, 1926
----------
Shoot him again. His soul is still dancing.
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Kinda wish Chaz wouldn't have edited herself there.
CharlesTatum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also saddened by the picture, I know I could never go through what he has and still remain so grounded, but I am glad he is so happy...and writing the kind of quality and quantity that all of us can only dream of. My sister just has a thyroid biopsy that turned out benign; cancer is a terrifying disease.
CharlesTatum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I was saddened by the picture, I was sobbing during today's "Oprah." Ebert and his wife were on, and he looks so frail, I was in tears. The waterworks began again when the technology talked about in the Esquire article (being able to use his own voice, culled from all of his TV reviews) was played, and his wife heard his voice for the first time in years, aside from those TV shows. I'm sure the episode will be rerun, and there might be clips on oprah.com, so you might want to check it out if only to see the epitome of grace under immeasurable pressure and pain. He is truly an inspiration, whether you agree or not with his reviews!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: