eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost another great. Might as well face it...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destinee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Lost another great. Might as well face it... Reply with quote

Robert(Addicted to love) Palmer is dead. His style was so sexy. So 80's. Died at 54. Another heart attack. What the fuck is with heart attacks at 54? Is nobody safe? Had a guy at my job...30...heart attack. No, he's still with us, but makes you think. Immortality wasn't promised to any of us but so young? People, please take care of your tickers. The life you save could be your own. Damn. Now who's going to make those cool girl clone videos?

RIP Robert.
Crying or Very sad

Dest
Charles Tatum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the obit for writer George Plimpton, too. If the name sounds unfamiliar, then find a picture, he has been in many films and television shows. I couldn't believe Palmer. Is it me, or has this been an especially bad year for losing celebs.
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Plimpton died? I had no idea.

Farewell to My Last Cobra....

-M

-V
Daddy Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immortality...I hear ya. My dad passed away last year at 55. Not a heart-attack, but he won many battles just not the war, with cancer.

Another reason to live life to its fullest and not dispair ones self with things beyond their control....like what the government is doing right or wrong. Wink
Destinee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles:

I am quite familiar with George Plimpton. I just heard. I told you before, that it seems like celebs die in threes. Who is next? Such morbidness...but sh(IT) happens.

Maegs, I don't know what's going on as of late.

Dest Crying or Very sad
Destinee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.D.~

I am so sorry. I sympathize. I too last my dad to cancer about 6 years ago. Still hurts. I often ask my self, why death? And my answer is always the same. Without death, there would be no life.

Dest Sad
Thumb the Toad
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad sad stuff. We are losing so many great celebs lately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Charles Tatum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add Elia Kazan to the list. Good Lord, next year's Oscars are going to be full of nothing but tributes...

Crying or Very sad
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I really don't get upset when notables die. There are very few people that make me genuinely sad when they pass. Maybe its a cavalier attitude about death, but it doesn't bother me terribly.

I think one of the only people that I was heart-broken over was Phil Hartman. It was so unexpected and in such a horrible manner.

-M

-V

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Phil Hartman. A truely sad loss. Who expected him to demise in such a manner. He was a comic great. That touched everybody that knew of him I'm sure. I wonder if people ever wonder how they will end? With death coming at us in all shapes and sizes, do we wonder how it will meet us? I'm sure he never imagined in all his days that his beloved would be the one to close his curtains? If there is life after death, what could he be saying to Brynn? Would he forgive her?

A concerned fan Crying or Very sad
Ryan_A
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can add veteran western actor Jack Elam, Fred "Rerun" Berry and singer/songwriter Elliot Smith to the list, as well.

Elam had been in ill health for a while when he passed away Monday. Berry had cleaned up his life in the last few years, and was found dead in his bed on Tuesday. No foul play, looks like, so I'd presume natural causes. Smith was a suicide. He was found by his girlfriend on Tuesday.
Charles Tatum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Ah, Phil Hartman. A truely sad loss. Who expected him to demise in such a manner. He was a comic great. That touched everybody that knew of him I'm sure. I wonder if people ever wonder how they will end? With death coming at us in all shapes and sizes, do we wonder how it will meet us? I'm sure he never imagined in all his days that his beloved would be the one to close his curtains? If there is life after death, what could he be saying to Brynn? Would he forgive her?

A concerned fan Crying or Very sad

The moment I heard about Hartman, I knew I did not want to be a filmmaker anymore. I watched SNL and NewsRadio faithfully, and he was always funny. He seemed to have everything. And then he wasn't there anymore. I literally sobbed when I heard the news, I was a real fan. It was this event that made me realize I was more interested in watching films than writing or making them. Something just clicked inside my warped mind. If I did pursue filmmaking, I doubt I would have worked with Hartman, but when he died (here's the cliche), the dream died with him. On a sidenote, I once visited a high school friend in Thief River Falls, MN, Brynn Hartman's hometown, years before the murder and suicide. It's not Twin Peaks, just a typical midwestern town in the middle of nowhere. Watching it get picked apart on the entertainment shows was maddening.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's happening now? Nothin. Guess Re-run is pop-locking for The head honcho now. Sorry to hear it. Jack Elam? The character actor with the "eyes"? How old was he? I thought we lost him some time ago. If there's a western heaven, he has just mosied along to join the posse.

A fan Crying or Very sad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: