eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll: Biggest piece of Shit from Summer 2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Biggest Piece of Crap - Summer 2002
Enough (5/24)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bad Company (6/7)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Scooby-Doo (6/14)
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Windtalkers (6/14)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mr. Deeds (6/28)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Men in Black 2 (7/3)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
The Crocodile Hunter (7/12)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Master of Disguise (8/2)
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
XXX (8/9)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Other
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: Poll: Biggest piece of Shit from Summer 2002 Reply with quote

Just like the other poll. Vote for what you consider to be the biggest piece of crap from the Summer Movie Season.
Collin Souter
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a little too early for this poll, especially since August is dumping ground for the summer's worst offerings. Then again, that's a solid list and, hey, summer now starts May 1st according to Hollywood release date standards, so for all I know, we are now in the season of autumn.

I will assume that those who aren't voting for Scooby-Doo have not seen the movie. You people have no idea how fortunate you are.

CS
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me voting for MIB2. I think Scooby is a fuckin' classic next to that pathetic 87-minute cell-phone commercial.
Collin Souter
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, MIB2 is total crap, but Patrick Wharburton made the first 5-10 minutes more watchable. That guy kills me. But, after he's gone...ouch.
To me, absolutely nothing in Scooby-Doo is watchable. That movie almost did kill me, and not in a good way.

CS
dionwr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I admit MiBII and Scooby are both pretty bad (and xXx is lamer than either of them) the sheer ghastliness of "Master of Disguise" forces me to vote for it. If you have the chance, don't see it.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even see Scooby Doo. I still voted for it. The trailers for it made me physically ill and left me emotionally scarred - Much like Pluto Nash is doing to me now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Country Bears trailer was harder for me. I kept looking around me for other people who were similarly horrified and found myself alone. They seemed to really enjoy it! In all fairness, I haven't seen the movie. But, I honestly don't think I could take it.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, the bears trailer is a definite cringer too. Thankfully, it's nowhere near the saturation point of Pluto, or I'd be slitting my wrists about now. And I thought "Murder by Numbers" looked bad!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halloween: Resurrection. I was ashamed to be a Halloween fan.
Roy Smith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:44 am    Post subject: No Kidding Reply with quote

Quote:
Halloween: Resurrection. I was ashamed to be a Halloween fan.

No shit! I downloaded it off the net and still want my money back!
Dr. Isaksson
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Where do I look? Reply with quote

Picking the worst film of the summer is like pointing out a crappy show on the WB network. There are so many horrible films I just don't bother to care anymore. But for me, Halloween Resurrection was just stomach churning. I am a mega fan of the Halloween films I thru III.

But now, it's just gotten sad. Like a squirrel run over on the road. Flattened as a pancake as car after car smash it futher and futher into the ground. Soon there is only just a glob of mushy animal guck left. This is what each Halloween sequel since pt II has been like to me.

Confused
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Where do I look? Reply with quote

Dr. Isaksson wrote:
Picking the worst film of the summer is like pointing out a crappy show on the WB network.
Confused

Bah. At least the WB is trying to do something different. The rest of the networks should take a clue from some of the more daring things they've done. Gilmore Girls is perhaps one of the top five best written shows on television. Smallville is certainly one of my guilty pleasures....anyone remember Glory Days?

-M[/b]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: