eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mek Brooks - The Sorry Reality

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coffee_Mug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Mek Brooks - The Sorry Reality Reply with quote

Mel Brooks – The Sorry Reality

Mel Brooks has had his name attached to 11 films, two of them are good humour; his best (in my opinion) was Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein acceptable, and The Producers had some funny skits and an interesting plot idea. The rest of his movies are pathetic.

let became apparent after seeing shows he produced after Blazing Saddles, that the funny parts in that show were the product of contributing screen/script writers and good actors. The portions of Blazing Saddles that Mel created are only those hammy bits he appeared in, none of which are funny.

His idea of humour are obsolete sight gags, slapstick, and shenanigans, any if ever funny was only once and decades ago. His use of the hackneyed leather flying cap and goggles, or oversized props and hats don't cut it anymore. Neither do exaggerated facial expression poses.

His unrealized dream of creating old fashioned musicals is very obvious, and he tries to force musical scenes into the scripts as consolation; attempting to pass them off as humour. He fails to appreciate that few people even remember musicals, fewer still enjoyed them – this is why they don’t make them anymore ! No one had the heart to break this “news” to Mel Brooks

I had to write this after watching ‘Silent Movie’, which failed the “silent” format; they did NOT have a sound track, no excessive use of ‘Foley Board’ sound effects, (Buzz, Clank, Whir, etc) just piano It’s sound track had more in common with ‘The Three Stooges’ movies, but with no laughs. Nothing in that show even made me smile – very poor.

I imagine him as a person who fires people who don’t laugh at his jokes, be they always bad. I also suspect his regular female lead was probably the only one that would give him sex for the parts – and I prefer to think she only had to do it once. He can enjoy the fact he was given the lucky opportunity to work in production as much as he did, pity so much was a waste of expensive resources that other more talented people could have better used.
He will pass away still laughing at his own jokes.

Dave \W/
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Feedback/Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: