eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you liked F9/11, try these.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Defending Truth: Slate's Chris Hitchens does a hatchet job on Michael Moore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: If you liked F9/11, try these. Reply with quote

This has been a year filled to the top with documentaries pointing out what the supposedly liberal media won't.

So if you're looking for more, some of which are in theaters now, try these.

In theaters currently are The Corporation, Control Room, The Hunting of the President, The Agronomist and of course, Fahrenheit 9/11.

The world doesn't stop with Michael Moore, people. Get out there and find more!
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have really been looking forward to The Hunting of the President. I hope I can catch it soon.

-M

-V
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a scary flick, Maegs.

Made me realize just how much I fell for the whole 'Clinton=evil' thing. Not fun to realize you were a gullible motard.
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fell for that? I LIVED that. You would not believe the utter hatred some people have for Clinton in the center of America. I never understood it. Before the intern scandal he, and particularly his wife, were ground down everyday across talk radio---for no real reason. Manufactured scandals, half-truths, rumors and outright lies perpetuated by a group of people who truly did hunt the president.

I remember Hillary being the target of vicious and brutal attacks for being involved in the presidency. These old men would come into the diner I worked at ten years ago and all they would talk about was how "That Bitch" was ruining the country. I'm so sorry that a woman and her husband had a partnership, equals if you will.
Next time I'll make sure I vote for a man whose wife has the perma-adore stare on her face. I hope I can find a candidate whose wife doesn't hold an advanced degree, who would never profer an opinion that differed from her spouse's, who had never had a career, who produced some heirs; some spares, and took used a few "mother's little helpers" to get through the day.
Because all of Hell would be loosed on the earth should a woman be allowed to form independant thought.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to Hunting. I'm sure I won't learn much new, but the collection of the movie should make my blood boil. Choir, etc.

*phew* rant done.

-M

-V
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it sounds like there's going to be disquiet in the Moroccan Quarter of Provo tonight.

Razz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Defending Truth: Slate's Chris Hitchens does a hatchet job on Michael Moore All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: