eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lost
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Goss
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this season finale doesn't officially kick seventeen different shades of ass, I am officially giving up on this show, DAMN IT.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll still watch - but I may wait for S3 on DVD so I don't have to put up with all the annoying breaks. If I can avoid all the spoilers from fucking fanboys in the meantime, that is.
Ryan_A
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe during the network upfronts the producers said something about splitting the season: eight or nine episodes, uninterrupted, with a largely self-contained storyline. Off for 6-8 weeks with some other show in the timeslot, then back for 13-14 straight weeks, uninterrupted.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that wouldn't be bad. I don't mind one long break, but when it's every other episode, it gets re-goddamn-diculous.
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system, stolen from other, smarter countries, is also going to be used for several other shows. I believe Fox has either 24 or Prison Break (can't recall which) set to start in January and run straight through until it's done.

Traditional seasons are slowly starting to die, and whatever results of this death can only help.

Then again... as a dude who loves a good cliffhanger, I don't mind waiting an extra week or two from time to time. Hell, I can't even do the DVD thing that much - I like having that week break between episodes. Makes me savor it a little more.

Dave
MrTinkles
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Cornelius wrote:
The system, stolen from other, smarter countries, is also going to be used for several other shows. I believe Fox has either 24 or Prison Break (can't recall which) set to start in January and run straight through until it's done.

"24," and it's how they've been doing it the last few seasons, including the just-ended one. ABC did it with Season 3 of "Alias," too. It's a great system, because it really helps the show build momentum and excitement. I have to think it increases regular viewership, too, because people know they can ALWAYS count on a new episode every week during that 22-week period.

As for "Lost," I think I might be over it. The finale was very good in terms of revealing things and explaining some things. Yet overall I feel like I'm just not that interested anymore -- not interested enough to put up with 60-minute episodes that have 58 minutes of padding, and the fact that more questions are introduced every time one answer is given. Like Madeline Kahn in "Blazing Saddles," I'm tired.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, come on, Eric. You can't walk away now!!! Not after the Mother-Fucker of all Cliffhangers!

I get tired of it sometimes too, but I still love the show. I would really just like to wait for the seasons to come out on DVD and watch them at my leisure, but I know I'll never be able to avoid all the spoilerage until then (It's been heard enough avoiding it for this season of the Sopranos)
William Goss
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm ready to throw in the towel as well. I might catch next season's premiere, but otherwise, I give up.
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, folks... excellent season ender. A whole lot of answers, followed by a whole new set of questions? What's not to love?

The ONLY moment I didn't like was one bit of unexpected overacting from the usually flawless Terry O'Quinn. Other than that, all was top notch.

Dave
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed. I was quite happy with the finale', and overall this season was pretty good - just too many breaks and a bit too much padding in the earlier eps.

the whole "answer one question and raise 2 or 3 more" aspect of the show used to bug me, but I don't mind so much now. it's all coming together slowly like a big jigsaw puzzle, but even though there are still a million questions, think about how much more you know now than you did at the end of season 1. It's been a worthwhile journey, all in all.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you are Jonesing for LOST-related material now that the show is off the air for the summer, you may want to check out www.lostpedia.com

It's pretty much like Wikipedia in design and layout, and a good way to get a concise listing of all the interesting theories about the show without having to read through a million forum threads (where for every one intelligent or interesting post you have to read through 20 more written by morons).
Samantha906

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed haha, i have to be honest, i made fun of my friends for being hooked on that show, but now i'm twice as hooked as them.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samantha906 wrote:
Embarassed haha, i have to be honest, i made fun of my friends for being hooked on that show, but now i'm twice as hooked as them.

Ha, same here. And it didn't help that the episode they tried to hook me with was the one about Charlie's band Driveshaft - the most suckass band, real or fictional, of all time! (and also the lamest episode of Season 1). Still, I'm hooked as hell now.

Giant stone feet, anyone?
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so you've found the island and you've got a raft for the survivors - but there's only room for 5. Who do you save?

I go for: Locke
Mr. Eko
Sun
Jin
Claire
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, leaving Claire's baby on the island with Charlie? You're a cold man. I like your style. Just for that I'm rewarding you with a fish biscuit.
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's a small boat... Cool

Mm, tasty.
William Goss
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Hurley count as two?

In other news, I missed the season premiere, which was originally my intention, but naturally, I succumbed to curiosity a day too late.

So, worth the bother?
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say yes. I see lots of people affecting an "eh" reaction, but frankly I think its a case of "too popularitis" giving people a stiff upper lip. I found it fascinating and tantalizing, and its a fresh direction for the show to take whilst still holding on to the flashback reveal formula that I enjoy.

And fish biscuits. Madam, We must have fish biscuits! We must all have fish biscuits forthwith! We must think and we must all have fish biscuits, and think, each and everyone of us, to the best of his ability.
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Kandel's yes. It's probably as frustrating as the season 2 opener, in that so little is revealed and too few of the cliffhanger is resolved, but that also makes it damn fine TV.

It only took the bears two hours...
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me as a third. The show remains a challenging puzzle that has a complexity a lot of people are losing patience for. Not me.
William Goss
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABC.com has both of the premieres for Lost and The Nine on, so I caught up tonight. I'm certainly intrigued enough to (re)gain my interest for a few more episodes, but I make no season-long promises at this point.
cdogg6705

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only 4 more episodes left this season.
magicwizard

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHHH! Anyone saw the seaons finale?! So great! With all the huge cliffhanger and one of the best episodes ever made!!!
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEST...SEASON...FINALE...OF ANY SHOW THIS SEASON!
William Goss
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't patient enough to stick around this season, but from I've read and been told, it does indeed sound like a doozy.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: