eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AquaTeen Hunger Force shuts down Boston

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: AquaTeen Hunger Force shuts down Boston Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070201/ap_on_re_us/suspicious_devices

Lite Brite bombs, yes, it all makes sense. Shit does inexplicably explode in the shows, so there's obviously an Al Qaeda link there.

Fear fear fear, doom doom doom, FOX CNN MSNBC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Berdovsky, an artist, told The Boston Globe he was hired by Interference and said he was "kind of freaked out" by the furor.

"I find it kind of ridiculous that they're making these statements on TV that we must not be safe from terrorism, because they were up there for three weeks and no one noticed. It's pretty commonsensical to look at them and say this is a piece of art and installation," he said.

Would anyone really miss Boston if we blew it up? Really?

The funniest followup of course, would be for Turner to send legions of overweight men dressed as Carl to walk around cleaning up the ads, muttering profanities under their breath while doing so and making lecherous comments to female passer-by.
JaySeaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kand El wrote:
Would anyone really miss Boston if we blew it up? Really?

All my stuff is there.

We were talking about this mess at the comic shop last night when a Boston PD Special Investigations guy (not sure what his jurisdiction was in Cambridge, especially when the first was "found" in Somervillle) came looking for one of these things - they'd gotten a list from the publicity people about where these things were displayed, and Million Year Picnic was right at the top. The owner had no idea one was supposed to be hanging at his place, and after a few phone calls found out that a week and a half ago, someone had walked up, asked if the thing belonged to the shop, and when the employee said no, swiped it. That's one they'll have to find on ebay if anywhere.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Shit Jay, you called it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aqua-teen-hunger-force-mooninites-neon-not-a-bomb_W0QQitemZ190078492881QQihZ009QQcategoryZ363QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow.

Me, I'll take the commemorative t-shirt:

petersob
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my fondest desire (non-Milla related) that if this incident winds up in court, Turner will be represented by Harvey Birdman.
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten bucks says the 911 calls were made by people in on it. Freaking "free publicity" marketing ploy.

And those assholes doing the press conference, with the jokes about 70s haircuts? Explains a lot about why the show sucks - can't be funny and play hackeysack, and them boys gots priorities.
CharlesTatum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Cornelius wrote:
Ten bucks says the 911 calls were made by people in on it. Freaking "free publicity" marketing ploy.

And those assholes doing the press conference, with the jokes about 70s haircuts? Explains a lot about why the show sucks - can't be funny and play hackeysack, and them boys gots priorities.

God, those guys acted like morons. A little jail time, a little soap dropping in the shower...that will take all the "funny" out of the situation.

Razz
SonicXtreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petersob wrote:
It is my fondest desire (non-Milla related) that if this incident winds up in court, Turner will be represented by Harvey Birdman.
This would be great!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: