eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eeks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laura
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Eeks Reply with quote

So there's this website that archives some of the crazy shit that fundamentalists say and wowzers, couldn't help but share some of the best stuff. Funny? Or completely horrifying?

A highlight:
Quote:

"As a Christian (of sorts and kind of), I know it is harsh, uncivil, boorish and very unchristianlike not to wish someone a speedy recovery. Nevertheless ... he's a Democrat. Democrats are the most horrific enemies this Christian, conservative nation will ever face. They are committing crimes against humanity and the conservative peoples of the United States.

Democrats are sympathetic to Muslim terrorists who want to murder conservatives. They will dismantle the Patriot Act and Homeland Security in order to facilitate and encourage terrorist, Jihadist activities against white conservative America. Democrats, for the sake of harvesting votes, encourage the banding together of all minorities in a united effort to destroy the white conservative. Democrats praise African-American leaders who call for the extermination of the white race.

To me they are the same as an enemy soldier trying to kill me. No wait! Democrats are indescribably worse. The enemy soldier and I in Vietnam were only doing our duty. Democrats are cowardly, spiteful, racist, hateful, self-serving hypocrities. Not only do they want to kill me, but my children and grandchildren as well. Democrats are more dangerous than "radical" Muslims. "Radical" Muslims take great pride and delight in announcing they want to kill us. Democrats are too cowardly to admit they want to kill us. I have more respect for "radical" Muslims than Democrats."

Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome.

I'm reminded of an 'end of the world' messageboard a year or so back, where the fundies were all so happy because Hurricane Katrina meant the end was coming. One even said, "I'm going out to get my hair done so I can look good for the Lord."

They were SO damn happy, I'd love to know what they're feeling now...
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats supported slavery during pre-civil war times, and they also supported the invasion of Mexico in 1847. All the southern states went Democrat after the Civil War ended.

And then people wonder why several Hispanics (myself included) aren't Democrats?

Plus, they've fucked it up so many times in recent times, one wonders why the hell are they just beating around the bush (no pun intended) when they should take power with both hands if they really want it.

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
laura
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats supported slavery after the civil war. They were white southerners -- ie the Republicans of today. It's the Republicans, who lived up North (ie the Democrats of today), that were at the very least pseudo-against it. Anyways, all of this is completely irrelevant... but I couldn't help but note that as I have no idea what you're going on about at all.
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since we're taking a poke at the Dems (going by what you posted), why not keep on going?

Funny stuff really, but there are some parts of it which although funny, also happen to be true.

Kinda like your typical Spinal Tap moments.

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, wha?

The Democrats who fought for segregation, left the Democratic Party and became Republicans, where they were welcomed by like minds. Democrats fought for bussing, eligibility to vote for black people, the New Deal - I could go on.

If you seriously want to base your political leanings on what Democrats were doing at the time of Lincoln, then I'm not going to spend too long pointing out the obvious to you; that, as a Latino, your party wants you to get the fuck out and go back to Mexico.

Ask Tom Tancredo what he thinks of your brown ass, then tell me how awesome Lincoln was.
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Roosevelt came up with the new deal, but the economy was still stuck in the shithole of the Great Depression (criticisms against the New Deal arose fairly quickly) until the opportunity to wage World War again jump started the economy once again for the US. If it hadn't been for WWII, the US would have been in the same dump as it was back then.

Southern Democrats delayed the Civil Rights act proceedings for a full year when they fillibustered it almost to death on the Congress floor. The act didn't appear until 1964, when it should have appeared a year earlier.

Also, where in my previous posts did I say was a Republican, or did I ever say that I was a Republican? I'm not a Republican and there's nowhere where it says that I have to be a Republican to praise Lincoln.

But I ain't a democrat either, and the bulk of the reason why ain't necessarily what I posted here (after all, they're just potshots like I said above, just going along with the original joke), so there.

laura
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought Republican/Christian fundamentalists were funny. Here's another highlight to get this conversation back on track or perhaps to end it, I'm okay with either one, as it's not really making sense or going anywhere important:

Quote:

"i have not read all these replies.. but the way i see it with the Big bang is... if the big bang happened, why are we not see lots of life created in Iraq with all the bangs going off there?"

UDM
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politics has changed so much over the past x-generations that it can be very misleading to compare current political leaders to their predecessors way back when.

When I'm feeling especially obnoxious, I like to tweak feminists by pointing out that, several generations ago, a great many feminists were adamantly anti-abortion, and that Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger once wrote a pro-eugenics book that today is sold on neo-Nazi websites.

UDM
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyder wrote:
Southern Democrats delayed the Civil Rights act proceedings for a full year when they fillibustered it almost to death on the Congress floor. The act didn't appear until 1964, when it should have appeared a year earlier.

Yes, Slyder. And then they left the Democratic Party, which clearly didn't want them, and they became Republicans.

Ergo, Democrats be your friend, while those Democrats you dislike are now walking around (or floating around) with R's next to their name.

Get welfare much? Democrats are responsible.
Like the minimum wage? Democrats are responsible.
Unionized? Democrats are responsible.
Medicare? Democrats.
Medicaid? Democrats.
Social Security? Democrats.

War?
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats at least pretend to care about people.

Republicans don't pretend to care about people. Unless they're fetuses or Terry Schiavo.

The bigger issue these days is the hijacking of both parties by corporations and Christianity. The dollar and the cross. All prophesied by Brother Paddy in Network 30 years ago.

- Iris Barry, Let's Go to the Movies, 1926
----------
Shoot him again. His soul is still dancing.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: