eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I know it's not Halloween, but...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MP Bartley
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: I know it's not Halloween, but... Reply with quote

...let's share real life ghost stories.

At university I had to make a radio documentary and so decided to make it about spiritualism and the unknown. The central part of the documentary was comparing a oujea board found on the internet, as to an actual physical one. So we did a communication on the internet one - nothing happened.

We then recorded ourselves doing an actual oujea board at my friend Andy's house. So it started moving towards letters and stuff, which I've always been pretty skeptical about, but it made for good, atmospheric radio.

I give the recording to my friend Emma who I'm working with and she goes off to edit it together. The next day I get a call from her at the edit suite sounding extremely freaked out. So I go along to meet her and she says listen to this. She turns up the volume full crank on the section where we are saying "Is there anybody there?", and clear as anything comes one word:

"Yes".

It was a male voice but not mine, and not Andy's, the only other male in the room at the time. It wasn't a cheat by Emma, as a) she wouldn't do that with such an important piece of coursework and b) our tutors listened to it several times and said it was genuine. Pretty fucking creepy when I heard it.

Anyone else?
Alex Paquin
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandfather used to own a haunted house in a small farming village, but I have very few details surrounding the matter, because for the rest of his life he adamantly refused to talk about it. Because the house was torn down in the early fifties and that he was in his late nineties when he died, there is nobody left who might know more -- not even my mother, who had sightings and recalled the priest being called to exorcise the house -- about the causes of the haunting, which were apparently related to my grandfather (I heard vague rumours of an unpaid debt, but that's all). The fact that the house was haunted used to be common knowledge in the village in question and was included in a limited-printing local history book I have in my possession.

Also, if you are into Ouija-type stuff, a few people shared anecdotes on their own sťances: http://www.graveaddiction.com/ouija.html
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: