eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for the name of a movie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shanel TIGHE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Looking for the name of a movie Reply with quote

I saw this movie as a child about 30 years ago. A young girl lives with her grandmother in the bush. The are very rough and dirty and they have a donkey which pulls a cart. The young girl has a pet bird (sparrow or similar). The authorities take the girl from the grandmother as they believe she isn't being cared for adequately. She is given to a respectable family who live in the town. They give her a bath and some new clothes and she starts attending the local school. Her new friends are interested in why her bird sits on her shoulder and doesn't fly. One afternoon after school the kids try to get the bird to fly by throwing stones at it - this eventually ends in the death of the bird. I can't remember much more. I'll be very surprised if I get an answer from anyone but it's worth a try. Thanks
CharlesTatum
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to IMDB.com and punched in a few keyword searches, but didn't see anything like you described. Sorry!
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not ringing a bell with me, either. I'd put good money on it, though, that it's a made-for-TV movie, especially since 30 years ago there were way fewer Hollywood movies being made than there are today, which would make remembering the title a heck of a lot easier.
Lucian Rymaszewski

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't found it yet, it's "A Girl Named Sooner". I just remembered and was looking for it yesterday and found your post.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Feedback/Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: