eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nintendo Revolution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainFun

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Nintendo Revolution Reply with quote

Say hello to the Nintendo Revolution, and sweet Jesus does it rock!

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/revolutionrevealed-details.shtml

Thank God it wasn't this...

http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=console&database=838&page=1&
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does look slick, I'll give you that. So does the PS3. In fact, each of these consoles might have hardware that's better than the 360.

But I'm still going with the 360 for one simple reason - the titles, man. The game lineup for the 360 so far looks way better than the other two's launch libraries. Nintendo is mostly pandering to the kiddy market, while Sony is all about the anime' and RPG shit. Xbox has the FPS market cornered, and they're really branching out into the Survival-horror niche, which I dig (especially since the last few PS2 horror games I played were repetetive and mediocre at best - even the gorgeous Fatal Framegot tiresome after a while).

I will miss RE 5 though - unless Capcom decides not to re-opt for exclusivity.
genji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2mckay wrote:
But I'm still going with the 360 for one simple reason - the titles, man. The game lineup for the 360 so far looks way better than the other two's launch libraries. Nintendo is mostly pandering to the kiddy market, while Sony is all about the anime' and RPG shit. Xbox has the FPS market cornered, and they're really branching out into the Survival-horror niche, which I dig (especially since the last few PS2 horror games I played were repetetive and mediocre at best - even the gorgeous Fatal Framegot tiresome after a while).

Nintendo has a launch library? They haven't even announced what the controller looks like, let alone what games they're going to bring out. Any "kiddy" judgements are going to have to wait on my part. Not that I think Nintendo games are just for "kiddies", anyway.

It's good to see you're all about the games, though. That's they only thing that really matters, in the end.
CaptainFun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genji wrote:
Nintendo has a launch library? They haven't even announced what the controller looks like, let alone what games they're going to bring out.

Actually, they've already announced that the entire controller is going to be touch-based, which will make it pretty convenient for its full backwards-compatibility, but will also make it rather pricy.

And as for the games, there are always the ones we can count on them releasing. Of course there's going to be a Mario game, not to mention a Metroid game, a Zelda game, and a Super Smash Bros. game.
genji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know about the library of n64, SNES games, etc that will be released.

A link to their announcement of the controller would be appreciated. I haven't seen anything yet.
nimrod7100

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Controller has actually already been released, and it will not sport a touchscreen format. Instead it's using a brand new remote control style design. It actually appears to have created a great environment for player interaction. The possibilities for FPS games is incredible. You can currently find a link to the nintendo press release where they show it off on IGN's main page. You can also find more info at nintendo's homepage. The official line up has not been released yet, but one can assume all of the major franchises will be back as always. I'm probably going to go with the revolution myself, but if Xbox can bring down that high price tag by the time the revolution is released I might just get that. Now I know the price isn't that bad considering the technology, blah, blah, blah...but I don't have that kind of money to just throw around. I really hate the fact that when devlopers are finally making great games for a system they create a new one and begin producing the nice looking, awkward gameplay producing games again. I guess I date myself mentioning a time where game devolpers focused more on gameplay than technological flash. Well that's my slightly off topic rant. Anyways, as always its about the games. A system can only go as far as its games. I would just suggest people find a system with the most games that interest tem and go with it.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: