eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Godfather

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: The Godfather Reply with quote

now the Corleone's have their videogame.

Saw the previews the other night, nice work with the actors voices but the graphics are somewhat ok.

has anyone checked the overall product?

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had time, but am anxiously awaiting some feedback on the game- I wasn't all that interested until I got more info on what the overall goals were and who you could be. Plus, the fact that this is Marlon Brando's farewell performance (supposedly recorded from the hospital bed), is a bit of incentive (funny thing, when I first heard the commercial I said to myself "man, this is a terrible Marlon Brando impersonator") But its still better than Sean Connery's From Russia With Love where he just sounds a bit to travelled to really voice Bond at the top of his game.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of playing it. Right now I'm replaying Half-Life 2 on Extreme difficulty, and waiting for my wife to continue X-men Legends II- but I'll check UGO and X-Play, see what the word is on the Godfather.

I'd love to play as Tom Hagen, just to hear the line:

"Actually, I'm German/Irish"

"Lemmetellyasomething my Kraut/Mick Friend... "
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to play this game. Gotta get it when I have a little extra time to waste. But the Philly Fest starts this weekend, and I wanna give them a little EFC love.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviews of the game have not been altogether kind. Far from sucking, but not altogether as engaging as it should be. And the fact that Pacino did not participate is kind of glaring, especially considering most everyone else did.
mseaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it, for XBox. The reviews are a little harsher than they need to be. This is more or less a fun twist on the GTA formula. Everyone wants to be in The Godfather... and the story is more or less there... you get to go to LA and put the horse's head in the producer's bed... I just put the gun behind the toliet for Michael, and then drove him to the docks to hop on a steamer for Italy. So it's cool in that respect.

Best part is the takeover stuff, though. Convincing people to pay you protection money for their storefronts is fun, if a little repetitive. Then you get to take over the racket in the back as well.

Controls and cameras are wonky, but they just take some getting used to. It's a fun little game. I just recently saw The Godfather for the first time, so it's fresh in my head, which makes it cool. I need to watch the other films before I get to those parts in the game (I think it goes into parts of II and III).

-Matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fargaith

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha this game was pretty good
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised no critic here has salivated over plugging Sofia Coppola. Please don't tell me her good accolades in Lost in Translation has negated any urges to shoot Swiss-cheese holes in her video-game image over her pathetic "performance" in Part 3.
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started playing. Pretty fun so far, although the mapping leaves a little to be desired. I've no idea where the side-journeys are, so I might be missing a whole lot by following the main plot.
level80

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: brand games Reply with quote

Often games named after a brand can be pretty awful though as they spend too much on the licence and don't often offer anything revolutionary or particlarly unique. Well that - and they seem to count on fans of that particular movie/TV show etc pumping up sales.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: