eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GTA something

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rami741

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: GTA something Reply with quote

Its been long enough when is a sequal coming out ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zebra 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see a Vice City sequel.
mseaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 16th, looks like. I've enjoyed Rockstar's "decade games" (those being GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas), but I think they could use a new infusion of style. Something a little different. Hopefully 4 will bring that. From Rockstar, I have no doubt it will.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ressurrecting this as I've renewed my playtime on GTA San Andreas.

I gotta say, the change from Vice City to this is astounding- Vice City was the perfect 80's game of excess- walk two feet and you can nab a porsche or fall bass ackwards into tons of money.

With San Andreas, the best you can get is usually a beat up Mustang unless you want to go on a 10 minute drive to one of the more upscale areas (which almost never results in your bringing the Lambrogini or Porsche back to your garage in one piece), and it takes sooooo long to build up any truly usable capital, its the greatest bottoming out of the economy game in contrast to Vice City's "More Everything" mentality- you spend more time getting respect that money, it makes your character work a lot harder to finally start buying property and moving up. Admittedly I haven't gotten down the finer mechanics of certain activities like nighttime robbery that might bring up my cash flow.

I'm not sure where they'd go with the next big one- they've arguably done the best of the best in mayhem-oriented cities- New York, Florida, LA... Where to go from there? London? New Orleans (actually racing against the clock to get your haul out of there as the city floods might be cool- but try getting that game greenlighted.
Starmetter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: GTA something Reply with quote

I really hope they go for the old school over the top view kinda like the first GTA with improved graphics, new features and a cool new story. That would be ace

Aint fussed about playing say a clone of vice city stories. For me it wont work on the DS.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: