eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is PS3 Going To Be Too Much?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainFun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Is PS3 Going To Be Too Much? Reply with quote

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/sonyconfirms-ps3expensive.shtml

Quote:
Where Ken Kutaragi's star really shone though was when he was asked, once again, to comment on the PS3 price: ...PS3 can't be offered at a price that's targeted towards households.... said Mr. Kutaragi confusing almost everyone present at the show. While the possibility of selling consoles to companies may be considered counter-productive it is more likely that Mr.Kutaragi chose this odd expression in order to stress that the PS3 will be expensive.

Furthermore, it doesn't sound like the PS3 is going to be as backwards compatible as I originally hoped it would be...

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/ps3secretsrevealed.shtml

Maybe it's just me, but the more I hear about the X-Box 360, the greater it gets and the more I hear about the PS3, the least attracted to it I become. From what I've been hearing, the PS3 is going to come out with a starting price as high as $500. I remember reading in an article somewhere stating that no system priced higher than $350 has gone on to be successful (save the Sega Saturn which started off at $400 if you really want to consider that successful, and I don't). Also, I've been hearing that the $500 PS3 will only come with the console and one controller. It won't even come with one of those memory stick duo card things that are so apparently exclusive for it. However, the X-Box 360 (which has been rumored to start out at $350) will come with two controllers and, given that I have the $500, I'll be able to use the remainder of the cash to buy some games for it. Furthermore, since it has a built-in hard drive, I won't have to worry about buying anything like a memory card for it.

What do you all think? Is Sony making some poor business decisions here, or am I just looking too deep into this?
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not wasting my time with PS3. I don't care how slick the hardware is, 360 is going to have better features and better titles.
Cbass89

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox is awesome. Soon the game development company will realize that once they get their beta kits. Better games, That's all the PS2 had goin' for it.

Oh yes the time is near....
SonicXtreme

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still willing to see how the PS3 turns out.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the PS3 will be a good console, and If I had an extra $500 falling out of my ass, I wouldn't mind picking up one after I got an Xbox.

But I'll probably just barely be able to afford the 360, so that remains my top choice. And I disagree that PS3 will have better games - so far the 360 lineup looks much more impressive (to me at least - it depends on what kind of games you like, tho).
Cbass89

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I meant Mckay. The 360 line-up is better. What I meant was the only reason the PS2 did good on the market was that it did have more games going for it (And Die-hard fans.) Not so with the PS3 however.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the PS3 will have full backward compatability going for it, from what I understand. That's a plus in their favor, since it instantly gives them a huge game library. But except perhaps for "Killing Day", none of the launch titles I've seen previews for look that exciting to me. I'm much more stoked about games like Condemned, Quake 4, and of course, Halo 3 than anything in PS3's launch lineup.
CaptainFun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2mckay wrote:
Well, the PS3 will have full backward compatability going for it, from what I understand.

But what good is backward compatibility if the PS3 won't be able to read the old memory cards?
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, good point.

and while we're at it, how am i gonna get my old savegames from the xbox to the 360? Be nice if they had a feature where I could just network them together and gank the files.
CaptainFun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2mckay wrote:
and while we're at it, how am i gonna get my old savegames from the xbox to the 360? Be nice if they had a feature where I could just network them together and gank the files.

I think I heard somewhere that the X-Box 360 would be able to do that, but I can't confirm it so you'll just have to keep your fingers crossed. I did hear, however, that you would be able to connect your X-Box 360 to your computer and download MP3s straight to it much like the PSP and that every game for the console would have a customizable soundtrack. That would be pretty cool.
SonicXtreme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, the PS3 will have full backward compatability going for it, from what I understand. That's a plus in their favor, since it instantly gives them a huge game library. But except perhaps for "Killing Day", none of the launch titles I've seen previews for look that exciting to me. I'm much more stoked about games like Condemned, Quake 4, and of course, Halo 3 than anything in PS3's launch lineup.
I think he was agreeing with you that the 360 will be better. I think I smell the scent of hatred in the air. Laughing
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, not at all. I just misunderstood the thrust of his post.

Hell, let's all just agree that the 360 is going to rock everybody else's shit. We all on the same page? Good. Very Happy
cgrongs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2mckay wrote:
nah, not at all. I just misunderstood the thrust of his post.

Hell, let's all just agree that the 360 is going to rock everybody else's shit. We all on the same page? Good. Very Happy

I think I heard somewhere that the X-Box 360 would be able to do that, but I can't confirm it so you'll just have to keep your fingers crossed. I did hear,。
覧覧覧覧覧
ps3 controller sale
xbox controller sale
best price wii controller
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: