eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your preference?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is the best?
Xbox
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Playstation 2
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
PC / Mac
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Radio Shack Pong
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Your preference? Reply with quote

Which do you own? And if you don't own any, which do you like best when you play at your friend's houses? And if you have more than one, which do you like the best?

And why?
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use our Playstation 2s as DVD players, too.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the box and the PS2 - have been playing the PS2 more lately because I'm catching up on titles I missed the past couple of years. However, the box is by far the superior console. Better hardware, and best of all an 8GB hard drive so that you don't have to fuck around with those stupid memory cards.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I like the XBox karaoke facility - in the crowd I hang with, that'd be mondo useful. But I refuse to have one in the house, because I'd become a useless game drone and never get any work done.

It's bad enough having Civilization III on the PC...
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz wrote:
I have to say I like the XBox karaoke facility - in the crowd I hang with, that'd be mondo useful. But I refuse to have one in the house, because I'd become a useless game drone and never get any work done.

No kidding. I hate those punks that just smoke weed and play Xbox all day. They really piss me . . . hey . . . WAIT A MINUTE! Razz
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: ---------- Reply with quote

The last game system I owned was a Colecovision back in the early '80s. And that was big shit back then, let me tell ya. The graphics (not to mention the damn prices) of today's games still boggles my mind.

Surprised
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, the next gen consoles are going to have such high-res graphics that older TV's won't even be able to display them properly
SpasticLemur
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox is already 1080I HDTV Compliant. Look at the back of some of the Xbox games, they are ready for HDTV now.

Lemur
son_star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: PC Reply with quote

Coming from a female who only has a PC in her room, i think my answer is obvious!!! Laughing
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, hey, at least you're not a MAC user!
Luneau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Cough*Gamecube*Splutter*
kingfollett

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gamecube is a fucking peice of shit. It is worthless to own, unless for some strange reason you like being around shit, which then would explain why you own a gamecube. The Xbox is cool, way better than the playstation. You can't beat plugging the xbox into the lan in your dorm and playing 8 vs. 8 halo, unless, of course, you are having sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite gender. (Or maybe the same gender, all you gamecube owners.)
Luneau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy there!

The gamecube owns. The Playstation is an outdated piece of useless crap, that's only good for playing Vice City (and even that is better on the PC) or watching DVD's for ten minutes before they fuck up. The XBox is too big to get through my front door, which is a disadvantage. The controller was designed by an idiot with hands bigger than beachballs. And STILL ONLY HAS ONE GOOD GAME. That's better on the PC as well.
kingfollett

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the small xbox controllers? There is nothing wrong with those, but yes, the old ones suck copious amounts of ass. But I really don't think the gamecube controllers are any good either. I feel like I'm going to break the damn things everytime I pick them up. They just have a cheap feel to them. The best advantage of the xbox is internal memory and the ability to play people over the internet, neither of which you can do with the gamecube. I think the size is worth it, but yes, it is pretty damn big, especially compared to a gamecube. That said, the gamecube is without a doubt the most inferior console out there, and there isn't really an argument to the contrary that makes any sense.
Luneau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingfollett wrote:
The best advantage of the xbox is internal memory and the ability to play people over the internet, neither of which you can do with the gamecube.

Well, except for the fact that you CAN use the GC online. Granted not as widely as the XBox, but you still can.

Quote:
I think the size is worth it, but yes, it is pretty damn big, especially compared to a gamecube. That said, the gamecube is without a doubt the most inferior console out there, and there isn't really an argument to the contrary that makes any sense.

Well, except that the only reason for owning an XBox is Halo, and you can get that on PC anyway. Try finding Mario, Zelda, 1080 of F Zero on the PC, or the XBox. Oh wait, you can't. How is it inferior (and please do not quote technical specs at me, as I can name a bunch of games on the Game Boy that own the XBox and have far less specs).
Coach

Location: time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a bananna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS2 for me. Never played on X-box, but I"m happy with my PS2
iamtheaznman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u asses
there are more games for xbox that are as good or better than halo.
Ninja Gaiden
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow (better than ps2, and will it even come out for gamecube?)
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Full Spectrum Warrior
Deus Ex Invisible War
there are more, but i just cant name any off the top of my head
luneau, u do realize you're the only gamecube supporter here? Rolling Eyes
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're asses, while you have an avatar that takes up a full screen.

Got it.
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PS2, but XBOX is way better. PC games will destroy all the consoles, but I don't like em on my PC, they create too many problems. The XBOX controllers are way better also...try playing Medal of Honor on PS2 as compared to Xbox, it's a huge pain in the ass. Xbox has tons of exclusive games too, the best ones really. Wanna play Riddick? Sorry, XBOX only. Halo. Xbox only....most of the cross platform games look better on the XBox as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FCNANTES

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Playstation 2 because it quite beautiful and there are very lot games for PS2

Who do like PSP?
Dander G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPC 464 and Laser Squad.

God bless Sir Alan Sugar.
Zebra 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried the Xbox and so I'll have to go with the PS2.
SonicXtreme

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii or the 360, depends on my mood.

The gamecube is a good system, stop ragging on the man.

Quote:
Ninja Gaiden
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow (better than ps2, and will it even come out for gamecube?)
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Full Spectrum Warrior
Deus Ex Invisible War

Ninja Gaiden is a great game, I'll grant you that.
Riddick was a 6 hour game priced at $60, no thanks.
I'm ambivalent when it comes to stealth games.
Crimson Skies was good, but short.
FSW was pretty cool.
How many people bought this last game? Ion Storm made great games, but nobody bought them, that's why they're gone.
mseaver
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize I'm seriously behind here, but I'm still rocking my original 'Box. Haven't had the money to upgrade and I'm still getting enjoyment out of it. Plus, all those games that I couldn't buy in college because I was poor? They're $20 now.

I will say that I've almost bought a gamecube a number of times, if only so I could play Super Smash Brothers and Mario Cart, and also have one of the party games hanging around for when friends drop by.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: