eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ramblings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, let's all be friends here.

It's not like we all don't know how sweet dani's blowjobs can be...
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't.

yet.
Danielle Ophelia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Floats by, leaving only my new signature as the gears of my mind churn rust and blood into (un)holy water**

Oh yeah...TAJ & Paulapalooza: Y'all got mail.
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) the intial post i wrote was actually serving a purpose very few of you are, or will become, aware of. Because its target was very specific.

that notwithstanding:

2) Is it mature to make a career of searching for things to make derogatory observations about? (go down ben's post history. he LIKES to be an asshole.)

3) I was called a "15 year old retard." and i cant sling a low blow in return? bullshit. i give what im given.

4) the tag of 'Site Admin' next to your name is NOT a license to play God. this is proven by the fact that not every site admin has the holier-than-thou attitude he does, despite the fact that most of them have been on board longer than he has.

5) post after post exists here about some fictional character's sexual prowess/potential, but make it REAL for a second and im a pariah? you must ALL need to get laid.

6) Danielle makes the point that academic accolades are to a true indication of one's character what Adolf Hitler was to champion figure skating. A sanctimonious PRICK with a PhD
is STILL a sanctimonious PRICK.

7) Sporkgirl, how into makeup are you? have you got a wide selection of lipstick? because you'll need it to conceal the brown on your lips from kissing Ben's ass.

By the way, frosty : "The only things Michael and I are guilty of are bad taste and arrogance."

arrogance pretty much equals self-absorption, doesn't it?

Redundant much?

If you'd like an effective insult, try to find something we haven't already voluntarily admitted to, genius.

*done*
f*r*o*s*t*y
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sledgehammer wrote:
1) the intial post i wrote was actually serving a purpose very few of you are, or will become, aware of. Because its target was very specific.

4) the tag of 'Site Admin' next to your name is NOT a license to play God. this is proven by the fact that not every site admin has the holier-than-thou attitude he does, despite the fact that most of them have been on board longer than he has.

6) Danielle makes the point that academic accolades are to a true indication of one's character what Adolf Hitler was to champion figure skating. A sanctimonious PRICK with a PhD

By the way : "The only things Michael and I are guilty of are bad taste and arrogance."

Redundant much?

If you'd like an effective insult, try to find something we haven't already voluntarily admitted to, genius.

*done*

1) "Its target"? Who needs to know that your girlfriend gives good blow jobs? Who cares? If it had a specific target and wasn't for the eyes of everyone, perhaps it should have been, I dunno, emailed?

4) "On board" where? The Internet? Because surely you don't mean this site.

6) Yes, but you said you could run 'intelligence rings' around him, not commenting if he was a prick or not.

The rest: If you'd like to get technical...

self-absorbed
adj. Excessively self-involved.

arrogance
n : overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, y'all shut the fuck up. Seriously, this little controversy just started and it's already wearing thin. I'm sorry the subject of my skills as a fellatrix ever even came up...it wasn't my goddamn intention or that of my significant other to upset the selective moral codes of the HBS elite. Since you evidently can't deal with sexuality outside the context of fiction or wishful thinking, never again will the specifics of my carnal nature taint another post on your fucking precious, pristine-ass message board. Happy, now? Good, because I don't want another word said about this. Shut those vamparasitic traps of yours for once, and try to grasp the concept cliche of "live and let live."

I am not Joel Schumacher or L. Ron Hubbard. I mean no harm to anyone here, okay? Calm down...

Jesus Donkey Kong Chryst at an intergalactic kegger...
Danielle Ophelia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above post was my doing, not Michael's. WebTV sucks rabid moosecock.

Whoops, I mentioned oral sex again. My bad...
f*r*o*s*t*y
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle Ophelia wrote:
Okay, y'all shut the fuck up. Seriously, this little controversy just started and it's already wearing thin. I'm sorry the subject of my skills as a fellatrix ever even came up...it wasn't my goddamn intention or that of my significant other to upset the selective moral codes of the HBS elite. Since you evidently can't deal with sexuality outside the context of fiction or wishful thinking, never again will the specifics of my carnal nature taint another post on your fucking precious, pristine-ass message board. Happy, now? Good, because I don't want another word said about this. Shut those vamparasitic traps of yours for once, and try to grasp the concept cliche of "live and let live."

I am not Joel Schumacher or L. Ron Hubbard. I mean no harm to anyone here, okay? Calm down...

You know what they say about sex? Those who feel the need to talk about it the most are probably getting it the least. Just because people don't post how many times a day they're getting it, or what their partner can do in bed doesn't mean they "can't deal with sexuality outside the context of fiction or wishful thinking". No one said anything about upsetting the moral code, just that the message was "retarded".

"Shut the fuck up" & "Shut those vamparasitic traps of yours" paves the way to a Gandhi-esque path of peace? Christ. Perhaps you should take your own advice. Because as of now? Just adding fuel to the fire.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh. my. god. this is incredible.

danielle: you can fuck right off.

Quote:
Since you evidently can't deal with sexuality outside the context of fiction or wishful thinking, never again will the specifics of my carnal nature taint another post on your fucking precious, pristine-ass message board. Happy, now? Good, because I don't want another word said about this. Shut those vamparasitic traps of yours for once

see...this is not how it works. you do not get to sling insults and then demand a moratorium. in fact, you don't get to demand a moratorium on anything. you and your little boy started this, so it ends when you apologize and shut the hell up. and i mean both of you. it is incredibly childish to insult the adminstrators of a site you contribute to. it is incredibly rude. it is incredble. just who do you think you are?

whatever, children, i'm done with you. run along to bed now.
Ben
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sledgehammer wrote:

who cares what its purpose or its target was? you posted it in public. if you didn't want it to be commented on, you shouldn't have posted it.

Quote:

that notwithstanding:

2) Is it mature to make a career of searching for things to make derogatory observations about? (go down ben's post history. he LIKES to be an asshole.)

a career of it? if only i could paid for this...

anyway, show me where i've been an asshole to anyone on this board who's not a publicist.

Quote:

3) I was called a "15 year old retard." and i cant sling a low blow in return? bullshit. i give what im given.

actually i said your post made you sound like a 15 year old retard. i thought that's the effect you were going for. you subsequent posts seem to indicate that as well.

Quote:

actually, as far as this site and this board are concerned, the title 'site admin' does give me license to play god. that's kinda the definition of 'site admin.'

and what do you mean 'have been on board longer than [i have]'? um, i (co-)created this site. i've been here since before the beginning. care to try again?

Quote:

5) post after post exists here about some fictional character's sexual prowess/potential, but make it REAL for a second and im a pariah? you must ALL need to get laid.

there you go again with your 15 year old attitude. not caring to hear about someone else's sex life gives no indication about that of mine or anyone else's. like i said, we all have sex lives.

Quote:

wow, danielle's so deep. and we weren't talking about character -- we were talking about intelligence. i'm not sure why, though, but you're the one who brought it up.

i'm still waiting for you to run those rings around me.

Quote:

7) Sporkgirl, how into makeup are you? have you got a wide selection of lipstick? because you'll need it to conceal the brown on your lips from kissing Ben's ass.

yes, she's obviously kissing my ass because she agrees with me. either that, or you're just wrong.

Quote:

By the way, frosty : "The only things Michael and I are guilty of are bad taste and arrogance."

Redundant much?

but it's so much sexier when frots says it.

Quote:

*done*

since you kept posting, i guess you weren't really done, now were you?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

life's small pleasures. [15 Sep 2002|07:29pm]
[ mood | blissful, but hungry ]

isnt it funny when people trumpet something about their lives in ways and/or forums it doesnt make sense/is not at ALL appropriate, just because they wanna think theyre hot shit cos they try to believe they are such a sexual legend-in-their-own-mind and oh-so-vanguard-in-their-fashionably-sanctioned-SLUTNESS but secretly need people to bolster it constantly? isnt it even funnier when they only succeed in making you embarassed for them?

It sure is, Michael!
Danielle Ophelia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck you, too. Seriously. Look, the whole thing was a stupid idea, I admit it. It wasn't one of my better moments of judgement, and I'm not overall pleased with myself. As I said, it was neither my intention nor Michael's to start a fucking war up in here. However, a moment of poor judgement on our parts does not automatically negate every shred of value and virtue Michael and I have as human beings...and that's exactly what you seemed to be implying. If Ben had said something along the lines of, "Okay, Michael, that was a bit much," instead of regressing to eighth-grade locker room namecalling, neither of us would have reacted as vehemently as we did. Nor did we appreciate the two of you jumping in and trying to start a tag team on us. If you ask me, this whole issue has been blown way out of proportion, and as the subject of the controversy, I have every right to insist it end...and to express my displeasure with any of the subtext contained within. Yes, the remarks about sexual frustration were a bit much, as I know not the sex lives of my fellow bitchslappers, nor do I want to beat the details out of them. If they're satisfied, that's great. And if they're not, I hope they soon find what they're looking for.
I don't fucking understand, though. Since I've come to this website I've done nothing but be good to and supportive of you people. I've actively sought out more than one staff writer on AIM and engaged in lengthy conversations about--no shit--their writings and their interests both within and oustide the site. I've linked to you constantly in my journal, fired up an extensive (AND SURPRISINGLY COMPLIMENTARY) word of mouth, and I've even considered purchasing a few items from the HBS store to send out as Christmas gifts. I've even reevaluated my cinematic taste and am considerably more selective when approaching a multiplex nowadays...rarely does a prefabricated Hollywood paint-by-numbers product take a steriod shot from my wallet anymore.

And yet, it seems like the only thing I'm credited for around here is having the balls to be a little bit unsavory and self-centered at times...because those are legitimate personality flaws I possess and see no point in sugarcoating; I feel you all have a right to know who the hell I really am. But as far as I'm concerned, you only see that side of me, even though I've all but broken my ass to give you a much fuller spectrum.

So...whatever. I can't make you appreciate me, and I've never enjoyed banging my head through bricks and glass to MAKE someone actually SEE me, so there's really no point in trying, is there. To you, I'm hopelessly flawed and beneath notice. To a certain female online stalker/Dani wannabe, I'm the living epitome of the twenty-first century fox. To my significant other, I'm everything his heart's been striving for. To me, there's no telling what I'll think of myself from one day to the next. But I do know that I can't be written off or summed up by anything you could post on this damnable message board, and neither can Michael. But it seems as though some of you prefer pigeonholing, and if that's the case, then...knock yourselves out. We're all within our First Amendment rights here...not my fault, not my problem.

Besides, so far the highlight of our relationship for me hasn't been anything even remotely applicable to sex. It was yesterday morning, sitting kneecap-to-kneecap on the kitchen floor, tears spooling copiously from my eyes as he crooned Peter Gabriel's "Wallflower" to me, unwittingly giving me both my new favorite song and the moment in my life that made any bullshit I'd endured up until that point worthwhile.

Yeah...I'll definitely keep that moment with me tonight...mmmmmm...
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually benny, i WAS done. Danielle posted as me by accident. and clarified thereof. (doesnt take a genius, genius.) but, you have your wish. I wont be having any more to do with this place. far as im concerned, 99% of you are so fucking far beneath me youre invisible from here on out. I'll back that up with an official unregistration if its possible to do so, otherwise, someone can ban me if they want, but id rather it be scott or Oz or someone I wouldnt be embarrassed to say ever handled the remnants of anything I created, thank you very much.

So youve a right to play god hmmm? well, since:

a) what i originally wrote was written in a spirit of FUN for the most part, (and a couple people took it that way), if you were offended by it, you could have actually evinced the tact you claim to desire here yourself in your response to it, but, you went below the belt right away. therefore, so did I, and therefore, FUCK YOU GOD. if thats who you think you are.

b) am i supposed to be scared of your elitist ass? if you can play god, I can play satan. and i can do it WELL. I dont exactly consider being the God of a pitiful group of elitist wanna-be film critics who are mostly only in it for the free opportunities to make fun of people something to be PROUD of.

*almost done*

PS to the gutless asswipe who swipequoted from my journal:

have the balls to identify yourself or shut the fuck up.

*gone*
Ben
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielle: melodramatic much? no one made any judgements about you as a person. no one's "writing you off." no one's said anything about what you have or haven't done for HBS. and i haven't even said anything to you in this thread until now.

michael: i have my wish? when did i say you shouldn't post here? you're just as melodramatic and your orally-skilled girlfriend. post here all you want. say something stupid and you're likely to get criticized for it, though. such is the nature of public conversation.

as to your other points...

a) yes, of course i have a right to play god here. i'm not sure what you're finding so confusing. it's my website, so why wouldn't i be able to control it? i never said i was offended by it. i said it made you sound like a 15 year old retard. again, if that's not the image you're trying to project, you should consider your words more carefully.

b) why would you be scared of me? i don't even know where that came from. you made a stupid comment about being here before me and how i wasn't god. unless you mean being here before me on this earth, i still have no idea what you're talking about.

it's funny how you like the website until someone's the slightest bit negative toward you. then, all of the sudden, it's "a pitiful group of elitist wanna-be film critics who are mostly only in it for the free opportunities to make fun of people."

p.s. why does it matter who posted that quote from your livejournal? regardless of who it was, i think it's quite apropos, don't you?

it's also quite funny that you think this place lacks humor, yet i'm the one laughing and you're the one who's "pissed fucking off."
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, no lie. The new Star Trek movie is pretty damn crappy.
Dust For Eyes
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAngryJew wrote:
Yo, no lie. The new Star Trek movie is pretty damn crappy.

<catching on>

Oh man, is it? By the look of the trailer I thought it was going to a return to form like the good ol' dark days in First Contact. Or didn't you like that one either?

The Borg bitch was da man. Or da woman. Or da Robot. Or duh, whatever.

Heh heh .
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two fucking tests in a few hours.

I'm so fucking... fucked!!! Fuck Fuck Fuck, I'm so fucking fucked up

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!1

Please wish me luck

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please wish me luck

Slyder, I hate to tell you this bro, but . . . you're fucked! Very Happy

Quote:
Yo, no lie. The new Star Trek movie is pretty damn crappy

Well, that sux. I was hoping they'd go out with a bang. But then, the whole franchise has been milked as dry as an 87 year old midwife's teat by now. Besides, I'm saving up my wad for LOTR. Haven't you heard? LOTR geekness is in, Trek and Star Wars geekness is OUT

Quote:
you must ALL need to get laid

Well, I certainly do, dammit.
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

applause all around. this was one of the most entertaining threads associated with this site since the days of scottieboy!

the drama, the wounded pride. the hurt feelings. the laughs, the tears. two thumbs up. everyone give yourselves a round of applause.

heehee.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group bongload!!!
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, fuck that. I'm taking a parting shot. I don't care how stressed/angry/good at head a person is, you don't spend your days at a place like this, where you know everyone's in it for the right reasons, and then because someone says you soud like a retard decide that everyone at the place (bar Scott and I apparently) is a "pitiful group of elitist wanna-be film critics who are mostly only in it for the free opportunities to make fun of people."

Fuck that shit. You can make fun of my shoes, you can call my mother a slut, but you don't put shit on the group of people that make this place happen - for no payment.

You got plenty out of this joint and the people within it over the last year or so D.O, so now you can shut the fuck up, buy a fucking T-shirt, review a Rob Schneider movie and pick the curly hair out of your bicuspids and tell your 'educated' man that at last count seven of us "pitiful group of elitist wanna-be film critics" are going to Sundance in a month's time, all expenses paid, as film critics. While he's at it, he can turn on the radio in 180 markets across North America and listen to Mr Skin's Minute, written in large part by Erik The Movieman and The Angry Jew, or turn it on in Chicago and listen to Collin Souter, Jim the Movie Freak and Erik on WGN radio. Or read me in Independent Filmmakers Journal, Highbarr Magazine and Stuff, or listen to me on Sunday's in Vancouver on CJSF radio. Or catch Thom on MoviePoopshoot.com, or Snider at the Provo Whateverthenewspaper'scalled, or Paulapalooza on whateverthatmaghewritesforiscalled, or the new kid, Jack Marx, who writes for a little movie magazine called Empire.

In short, just because you and your man got schooled doesn't mean you should impune the status and standards that have been established here, making this one of the finer places to come and write what you want, when you want, how you want, and use it as a launchpad to be paid for doing what you love.

Or, for the 15-year-old retards out there, you kicked my dog. Now you must die.
Blood Red Roy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nah, fuck that. I'm taking a parting shot. I don't care how stressed/angry/good at head a person is, you don't spend your days at a place like this, where you know everyone's in it for the right reasons, and then because someone says you soud like a retard decide that everyone at the place (bar Scott and I apparently) is a "pitiful group of elitist wanna-be film critics who are mostly only in it for the free opportunities to make fun of people."

But what if it's true? I cannot speak for everyone but I am a wannabe film critic and as for "free opportunities to make fun of people" - well some people have been pretty generous with giving them away.

As for Sporkgirl: You are totally correct, epic drama is unfolding, and brought to us by DOX as only she can deliever. Her drama is her greatest skill by far. Your superpower is the ability to read minds:

"...this is not how it works. you do not get to sling insults and then demand a moratorium. " - I know I've heard this somewhere...

Dani - congrats on getting out of Asheville, Mike must be quite Special to drag you out of state. I'm dying to know how he did it. Seriously.

Michael - good luck with her, she's a challenge and a half Smile Just enjoy what you can get and don't try to understand her at all. Freud wouldn't stand a chance against her.
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some catching up and explanation of the reason im still wrting at all, even though i said i wouldnt and really dont want to.

somehow, i managed to start a fucking cyclone which has been steadily worsening to the point that its getting in the way of things in my day-to-day that it shouldnt have anything at all to do with.

in deference to that, id like to make 2 clarifications, and, i sincerely hope, put an end to all the shit i apparently started.

yeah, what i said was in bad taste. I shouldve thought better of it.

i got mean because I was attacked right away, and judged pretty unfairly on the basis of one sentence.

thats why I considered it fair game to toss such an equally unfair characterisation as I did within the whole "wanna-be film critics" bit. Just as there's a lot more to this place than that characterisation implies, theres also a lot more to ME than I was being given the chance to possess given people's reactions to that one sentence. I felt the need to avenge that, ok?

one thing for ben: I wasnt saying I was here longer, i was saying other site admins were, or so they appeared to be. that was predicated on the joined-date on your profile. ive since learned that there had been at some point a kind of clearing of the slate so that those dates werent really accurate. sorry for the confusion there.

one thing for roy: Im quite aware that i have my hands full, as it were. so does she, im no picnic. (truth? NOONE is.). by the way, the reason your input causes vexation, if youre wondering, is as follows: (this is what was behind "How stupid do you think I am?") : Dani got a request from you for cessation of interaction. and she's been honoring it. so she was calling you on not sticking to what you said you wanted. Im not fighting her battles on request, she doesnt know what im typing. but i wanted to throw some focus on the incongruity there. If ya tell her yer done, then be done, arite?

one for the rest: it was not my intention to stir this place up, I do not enjoy creating chaos. an uncouth decision was made, my bad. I'd have been a lot nicer thereafter if it hadnt gotten so immediately vicious. Yeah, i kicked the dog, I admit unfairly. no, i dont really think an assemblage this large can be summed up and dismissed so easily as that. it was done purely because the dog BIT me. first.

Danielle's pretty upset, which i hate. I've managed to make a few enemies, which im also not crazy about. so hopeflly this post will be seen for what it is, an attempt to fascillitate a redirection of energies all around. later.
Slyder
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know this thread reminds me of those days when I was in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons way back then...

Anyone remember, or forget?

You can tell me that I've got no class, look around you and see who's laughing last - Rush
Blood Red Roy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: Oh yeah Reply with quote

"You know this thread reminds me of those days when I was in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons way back then...

Anyone remember, or forget?"

Yep, you and your anti-gay commentary
Me and and my rightwing/libertarian politics
And Dani just being Dani Smile (doubleplusdramatic)

And I haven't pissed off anyone lately either.....hm....am I overdue? Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: