eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Little help. Reply with quote

I need a couple of things from some of you.

First off, we need features. Features up the ying yang. What this means is you guys, especially if you have any thoughts that maybe one day this writing thing could go full time for you (or even a poorly paid part time) should be thinking up columns for yourselves. Regular rants on the topic du jour, a la Thom's pieces. If you can find a theme and commit to getting a new one out each week or so, I'll put a link to them from the front page. But you've gotta commit, people.

They can be on anything. Make them intellectual. Make them creative. Make them funny. Whatever. Just get a theme and go with it, because these pieces will not only become our signature articles, they'll also become yours.

The second thing I need, or rather we all need, is someone to collate the best features and beatdowns every few weeks and prepare them for me so I can keep that front page udpated. This would entail finding the best handful of beatdowns and features, getting their urls, and then putting them into a small html file with a smal blurb for each, then emailing it to me to upload to the site. It's simple, you don't need to know HTML, just put the urls where they go and the text where it goes.

Presently a bunch of folks have regular duties here - Scot keeps the US release schedule updated, for which he can never be thanked enough, and Guv does the same on the aussie side to just as little fanfare. Erik maintains the DVD schedule and Criticwatch, Thom keeps those interviews and editorials flowing and Frank and Ben ensure that the whole thing doesn't stop running while I bring in the adveritising and media hype...

So what do you do? How can you help?
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help with the blurbing and compiling, if it's similar to what we did with the top 5 lists. I would just need to know exactly what you want.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, between work sucking so hard, and me being sick, I've barely had time to keep up with my DVD watching/reviewing. I do have a couple of features in mind I've been meaning to write, so I'll give them a crack this week.

As for what can I do - what do you need? I can help with admin stuff if you need (forum moderation, adding titles, etc). I'll also work on a theme for a weekly article (I gotta figure out what my "thing" for it will be, tho). If you need help with a specific duty/department, I'm all ears.
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz,

I'll have a couple of features forthcoming. One of them is going to be on the practice of "platform releases" and burying movies (so, please, nobody tackle that subject as it's going to be a big project.) So bear with me as I prepare the research and get the article out there. With awards season kicking off in full stride, I've already got a lot on my plate - but it's coming.

Erik
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: