eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lost
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***SPOILERS***

I thought it was good. Shannon is one of my least favorite characters, but I actually started to care about her (even though I just knew she'd be the one getting bumped off - even without having read any spoilers). Her flashback was good, and it was nice to see that she wasn't always a conniving and manipulative bitch, but more a flakey daddy's girl who didn't really deserve to get screwed by the evil $tepmom like that.

I thought Sayeed's declarations of love felt premature and forced, but I found his anger at the end thoroughly convincing. Hell, if I was on a desert island and was lucky enough to get with one of the few hotties, I'd be pissed if someone shot her too! Twisted Evil

I'm not crazy about a whole episode devoted to the tail-end folks, because I think the focus has been shifting too far away from the established characters and mysteries already, but hopefully there will be some new pieces of the puzzle revealed that will better explain what's been going on with the main group.

And yeah, the show does need to get a move on. I'm really tired of all this ass-dragging on The Others. Okay, they're dangerous and live in the jungle, WE GET IT. How's about some new tidbits of information?

Oh, and Ana Sourpuss Mcfeisty Lucia? yup, still a bitch Smile
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point McKay, the Sayeed in love thing rang a bit hollow as these two have only begun to set ground rules with each other, and Sayeed's flashbacks kinda gave me the impression that it would take a bit more time for deeper feelings for Shannon.

I really don't mind not quite knowing about the Others yet- it's that fear of the unknown that keeps them particularly horrifying- remember your Lovecraft boy.

Like I said, better to take an extra long episode to tell the tale of the tail section than a half or whole season. Will it slow things down? I don't think so. This is a show that by design keeps a ton of plates spinning- that they have done it so well gives them a lot of cred with me, and I give em' the attention in return. Few other shows have kept my rapt interest this season. For a short time, I was a bit annoyed to have lost the Charlie/Claire story, but last night they put the magnifying glass back on him for a bit so I was happy.
laura
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe I should start watching this show. Any television program that inspires 5 pages of thread is probably worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could say the same for arrested development.

But I still haven't watched it yet Very Happy
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone catch the "Tailies" episode last night? Damn good (although the extra five minutes was mostly padding).
Ryan_A
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the episode's intent to soften up feelings about Ana-Lucia? 'Cause I still don't like her.

The whole thing seemed kinda like filler to set up a potential Sayid/Ana-Lucia throwdown/Jack-Kate-Sawyer relatioship monkeywrench next week.

Both of which I'm okay with.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Yes, Yes, and just for good measure, Yes Ryan.

And McKay, I was finally, after much patience and faith put into a gibbering rage by the end of the show with the flipping through flashbackland. I understand why the tactic was taken, but in the end, as you can see even by scanning this thread, we're all caught up. We're all on the same page- there was no need to extend it that much- get to the meat. That really made me nuts, and now to wait a week again...

And once again, Yes Ryan. Which is the first real note of BS I sniff with the show. Having Sayeed say "I love you" just to make a confrontation inevitable when just the act of shooting a comrade and friend, much less a nascent lover should be enough to spur that conflict. But look, the fact that I'm chomping at the bit so hard for next week should tell you how I still find this show towering over most every other network offering. I hate myself sometimes.
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved this week's ep. we ask and beg and plead for more information, and boy did they deliver. but they gave us too much. i can't even process all the new information that came out of this one. all of that just showing that wherever they are going with this, dude, we have no idea.
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan_A wrote:
Was the episode's intent to soften up feelings about Ana-Lucia? 'Cause I still don't like her.

That's just Michelle Rodriguez.

Supernatural sucked from the start.

Talk about dragging, check out Invasion. Drag-o-rama.

Only shows I bother dedicating myself to: Rome, Lost, Arrested Development. Rome finale kicked so much ass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryan_A
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may be right, Grinch. I liked her even less last night, and that wasn't supposed to be the intent.

Always nice to see Michael Cudlitz getting work, though.
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also like her even less. very let down by this ep. but they can't all be winners.

oldest cop story in the world. and here i am, playing the world's smallest violin just for you, ana.

the LEAST they could have done was make clear that she is also now incapable of conceiving again (which i am sure is the case)
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, answers that aren't real answers, only to bring in more questions - But it was entertaining as hell.

Now for the bad news - SIX WEEKS OFF!!! No new eps until January 11? Did ABC hire a former FOX programmer or something? Christ. Mad
Paulapalooza
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2mckay wrote:
Now for the bad news - SIX WEEKS OFF!!! No new eps until January 11? Did ABC hire a former FOX programmer or something? Christ. Mad

Somewhere, Veronica Mars is smiling. VM ratings go up when Lost isn't around, and that could keep her around another year.

I honestly think the VM/Lost quandary is the toughest on TV right now. Let's put arguably the two best dramas on the broadcast networks up against each other, huh?

Paul

-THE DUDE
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck man, is it January yet? I feel like there's a big black hole in the middle of my week now that South Park and Drawn Together went to reruns too.
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There'll never reach the number one spot, because they pull this kind of shit too much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they'll never reach the number one spot because there will always be peole who will switch to stand-alone, no-arc, procedural, easy-to-follow, dumbed-down shows that make them feel smart like csi and l&o, is why.

i enjoyed "the soup" parody ad for lost which started out "if you haven't been watching lost..." and ended up "it's too late, you'll never catch up."

heehee. cause it's true.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends were jealous of me because they didn't catch up with season 1 in time to start on season 2 - but I almost think that they're better off. I enjoyed it much more when I had the DVD's and could gorge myself on a disc at a time. Having to wait through all of these Hiatuses is a real fuckin' drag.

Now I need to cram in Season 4 of The Shield before it starts up next week. Gah!
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my video tape ran out just before the scene with the... how to say... black smoke.

ARGH. i kill myself.

so i can't re-watch. but apparently there was stuff in the smoke.

http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php

screencaps.

i am so addicted. it's better than heroin from a virgin mary.
WalterPill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great Lost theory:

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377&sid=ce19f3c5b107ff701e9a94a21d4620f2
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spork, that's a drag. Always put a fresh tape in on LOST night!!! (or get TIVO) Smile

I used to read those forums rabidly when I first got into the show. But for every theory that's fairly well thought out and intelligent, there are 20 that are completely ludicrous. People try to read far too much into that show.
WalterPill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt but that particular theory is well worth reading. If only to marvel at the incredible amount of work that has gone into it.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys hear that Cynthia Watros (Abby) lost her license for that DUI she had a little while back? Michelle Rodriguez is fighting hers, though (and not for the first time).

So, what did everyone think of the Mr. Eko episode? I really dig that character so far. I can't tell yet if he and Locke will be allies or enemies, but if they go the latter, I sure as hell wanna see that showdown.
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actor who plays Mr. Eko was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. He seemed very cool. He talked about his life and Lost and Oz. The British accent threw me a bit, though.
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok kids:

Who do you think slept with Jack's wife? We all know it will be someone we recognize since events are always interconnected.

Is the woman in the picture with Desmond down in the hatch the daughter of the man Jack couldn't save last night (who was also a really leg straightener if I do say so myself... Um, the daughter, not the father... ugh.)?

Is MC Gainey (The bearded "Other" who spoke to Jack last night), the professor shown teaching a class in the Dharma Film?

Questions to ponder...
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it was christian (jack's dad), i would be dissapointed.

it's fine with me if the book is now closed on sara, and the next flashback will just be about how he went ape after he left her and got millions of tattoos and learned how to shoot a gun, and she never comes back.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> TV Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: