eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blockbuster to eliminate late fees; Millions say "Too L
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicXtreme

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? Hmmmmmmm. Interesting, all these benefits people are saying about NetFlix, I think I might join, not soon, but defintely a possibility.
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get the first two weeks free, so here's what you do: Use the two weeks plus one paid month.

If, by then, you're not happy, cancel. You just dropped 20 bucks for an interesting 6-week experiment ... and saw some movies you really wanted to see.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Whyte wrote:
Just have to fire in a shout out for vhqonline.ca and zip.ca for those north of the border; both have yet to be along the selection/speed/availability of Netflix, but they're pretty darn good.

Jay, got a little info you might be interested in. Videomatica now does online rentals. Same price as the others, more or less, but ridiculously humungous and awesome selection.

And because they're in Vancouver, one-day turnaround.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fyi, since Dec 20, 2004, I have rented 66 films or tv shows from Netflix.

Another 412 to go...
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2-disc stuff has never been a problem for me. Then again, I always avoid brand new releases that might have a waiting list, but still.

Oh, and is it just me, or is their turnaround faster all of a sudden?

Dave

PS: My only complaint with them? For some reason, they think all I want to see is Twilight Zone and MASH. Both shows keep taking up the first few pages of recommendations, all because I once rented a few TV shows and gave nice ratings to other shows. Eh.
Jason Whyte
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz,

I have been to Videomatica several times (mostly after checking out flicks at the Fifth Avenue) and have drooled over their selection. That said, I checked out their pricing for their mailing system and it's a bit more pricey right now. Their monthy billing for a 3-out system is $44.95 compared to my paying $19.95 for a the same amount at VHQ (I used to be on the 5-out system for $29.95, which costs $64.95 a month at Videomatica!). VHQ's turnaround is also pretty good considering that their base is in Coquitlam.

I was also with Zip.ca last year, but their turnaround was awful, and they also didn't have a numbered queue system like VHQ does.

I'm sure Videomatica's price will come down in the future, and I'll happily convert over when they do. Smile

Jason
"I talked to Jeremy Piven on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving showbusiness to pursue a career as a thermometer." -- David Mamet
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great article: Death of a Blockbuster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> DVD Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: