eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did anybody else go over to see the FF cast today in NY?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Did anybody else go over to see the FF cast today in NY? Reply with quote

I went down against my better judgement to Jim Hanley's Universe on 5th and 33rd to get a glimpse, despite my hatred/fear of crowds and mob mentalities- nice chance to see my wife during the day though. And hell- the cast of FF- I. could. not. resist.... (more a comic book than movie thing) And like I said, my wife said she'd meet me and we'd make it a lunch date. She also wanted to see if we could get a picture of our wedding cake topper signed and possibly a pic.

Mobbed beyond comprehension- filled with fans of the comics, fans of the film, fans of individual actors, fans of celebrity in general, gawkers, rubberneckers, morons who just like to shout, tourists, bums, delivery boys, press, paparrazzi, etc. all for the fleetest glimpses of everyone- I mean they came up and shook hands and took pics and everything, but ugh.. the sheer volume of sweaty, fawning, mewling, pinhead, masses (of which I am now one) just for five folks who may or may not have a flop on their hands (though the video game looks great)...

I feel so slimy now. I am diminished as a human being.

So anybody have a clue how a critic for a reasonably respected site can get tickies for this thing in NY? I am hoping beyond hope this is a good film.
SonicXtreme

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't live in New York so I didn't.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> General Movie Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: