eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From Full Metal Jacket to.........this.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: From Full Metal Jacket to.........this..... Reply with quote

Starring Matthew Modine, Bodhi Elfman, Jeffrey Tambor and Fred Ward. Coming to DVD May 10th.

Credited to four separate screenwriters* and a director who contributed to the worst dreck of Rodney Dangerfield's career, including Ladybugs, Meet Wally Sparks and My 5 Wives. (Plus two others (Back By Midnight and The 4th Tenor) that I just bet are awful.)

*The writers?

Gene Quintano - The Musketeer, Sudden Death, Operation Dumbo Drop, National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1, Honeymoon Academy, King Solomon's Mines, Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold, Making the Grade, Treasure of the Four Crowns, Comin' at Ya!, Police Academy 3 and Police Academy 4.

Lance Kinsey - This is the debut screenplay from Kinsey, who is probably best known as the obtuse Lt. Proctor from Police Academys 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Peter Nelson - Several TV-movies you've never seen.

Byron Gelden - Another debut!

But all kidding aside...that monkey does look pretty funky. So maybe it's a good movie.

(Thanks to DVD Answers for a DVD cover that will be haunting me for the next seventeen years.)
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hail To the Chimp:

Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a related story:

Quote:
BAKERSFIELD, California (AP) -- A couple's plans for a birthday party for their former pet chimpanzee turned tragic when two other chimps at an animal sanctuary escaped from their cage and attacked. The man was critically injured with massive wounds to his face, body and limbs, and the attacking animals were shot dead.

St. James and LaDonna Davis were at the Animal Haven Ranch in Caliente to celebrate the birthday of Moe, a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their suburban Los Angeles home in 1999 after biting off part of a woman's finger.

Moe was not involved in Thursday's attack, said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the California Department of Fish and Game.

The couple had brought Moe a cake and were standing outside his cage when Buddy and Ollie, two of four chimpanzees in the adjoining cage, attacked St. James Davis, Martarano said. Officials have not determined how the chimps got out of their enclosure, he said.

LaDonna Davis, 64, suffered a bite wound to the hand while trying to help her 62-year-old husband, Martarano said.

Poor LaDonna, what a way to find out that throwing a chimpanzee a birthday party isn't a good idea.

Now, time to start spreading the same message about dogs.

-M

-V
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. People this stupid deserve to be bitten by monkeys - 28 Days Later rabies-spreading monkeys

As for Matthew Modine . . . Jesus, that's just sad. I mean, he wasn't a terrific actor, but he deserves a lot better than to be in some DTV monkey movie.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> DVD Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: