eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exorcist: The Beginning S.E.?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Exorcist: The Beginning S.E.? Reply with quote

I just saw E:tB....OMG, I heard it was bad, but I didn't expect it to be Manos BAD. Someone needs to exorcise Renny Harlin's career, as well as the studio execs that fired Paul Schrader for making a better film...I say it's better with such conviction, because nothing could be worse than this. Totally missed opportunity. I guess there's a curse on even numbered Exorcist sequels, because I really like 1 and 3.

I heard somewhere that a special edition with Schrader's version was going to be released...since only about %10 of his footage (I doubt it was the cgi hyenas and inexplicable blood geysers) was used in the crap that made it to the theatres. Any truth to that, because I wouldn't mind seeing Schrader's film.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
David Cornelius
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan was to release both versions together on the DVD. Warner scrapped that plan a few months back... and now they're planning on releasing Schader's version, on its own, this spring.

Crazy.
the Grinch
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF is going on in their heads? Don't they even look at dailys? I would've thought it'd be cheaper to just have Schrader go back and shoot some scare scenes if that's what it needed, like Carpenter did with The Fog.

I'm not saying Harlin is as bad as Stephen Sommers or Paul WB17 Anderson, he's made a couple of cool genre pics, but he was the wrong guy for this job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kand El
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to see the film that has the most unexpurgated version of Caleb Carr's script. Hell, forget the whole thing- let's just have some decent people get together and do "The Alienist" and "Angel of Darkness." Exorcist I and III are masterpieces. Leave it be.
nurse2747

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have to agree it was manos bad wish i would have watched it before purchasing lesson learned
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> DVD Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: