eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are any of you fanfic readers and/or writers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pokejedservo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Are any of you fanfic readers and/or writers? Reply with quote

One known thing on the Internet is Fanfiction where fans of various source materials whether they be Movies, TV Shows, Books, Video Games and more. There are a good amount of fanfics that are decent fluff to poorly written BS. There are also a good amount of VERY talented writers who can write stories as good the actual writers of the Source Material, and there is also a good amount that are even BETTER. One of the better things about Fanfics is that there are writers who'd do what the actual writers were too lazy/unable/scared to do. You can be suprised on what's written there.

One of the most known sources of Fanfiction is Fanfiction.net, however sadly it was once the most loved FF sites on the net now there is a very large amount of people who hate it. Why? Because they did all sorts of changes like "No more MSTings" (not even regular MST3K fanfics are allowed anymore) and no more "NC-17" stories due to "child protection" issues. (Even though the NC-17 stories had plenty of good warning, and a good amount of writers would just re-post their stories with an R rating and they go no warning whatsoever.) And various reasons like that.

But still aside from that the Fanfic community is still alive & well so are you any of you fanfic writers and/or readers?

Pokejedservo

Jed= My initials

Servo= Tom Servo of MST3K
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written a few fanfics for the game Nocturne. The game's creators read them all and gave them high marks, but they've dodged my proposal to write a draft of a pilot novel for possible serialization so far. I guess they're holding the franchise close tho their vest in the hopes of getting a sequel made (although the first game didn't do all that well).
Jack Sommersby
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: -------------- Reply with quote

Nah, I just write editorials for Playgirl magazine for all those curious females out there.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: