eFilmCritic Forum Index eFilmCritic
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinion Question - Dogs vs. Cats

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is cooler?
Dogs
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Cats
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

TheAngryJew
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Opinion Question - Dogs vs. Cats Reply with quote

Give explanations and opinions. I'll explain why later.
Erik The Movieman
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early bias - was allergic to cats.

But I never liked the little bastards cause every cat I've met acts like a snobby rich bitch. Walk around like they have the run of the house. Lot of tail snobbery (always up in the air, walking on their tiptoes.) Never seem to respond to you when you come home.

My dog on the other hand - what can I say? Would run to me like Dino every day I came home from school or work. Knows when my alarm goes off in the morning that I was getting up and would come in to wish me good morning. He even knew when he had Christmas presents and which ones were his. Sue me, he's smarter than most people I know.

Dogs to me are the everyman animal. Cats are for mob bosses and Bond villains.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats are the coolest because they just don't give a fuck whether you think they're cool or not.

"Oh, you're home? About fucking time, I've had a yearning for tuna all day. Feed me. Do it now, lest I impale your sweaty trou with my talon."

Whereas dogs are just retarded. They'll fawn and jump up and down and do whatever you say because they just don't know any better. If they did, they'd be ruling the planet right now... like cats do.

"YOU'RE HOME? I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONE FOREVER!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE HOME! THAT'S AWESOME! HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK? CAN I HUMP YOUR LEG?"
Charles Tatum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up with both animals, but I agree that cats are cooler because they could care less whether you are there or not. Plus, nothing sadder than seeing a dog trying to piss on a tree with a wind chill of -80 outside. Cats stay in, crap in the litter box, then watch as the waste is taken to a magical place by its owner. I'll stick with cats.
Ryan_A
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I'm allergic to both and haven't had a pet since some goldfish when I was like five, I gotta say dogs, if only for the fact that I've yet to see a seeing eye cat.
y2mckay
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather date a dog owner than a cat owner - unless they're one of those people who babies their fucking dogs more than they would the child they usually don't have.
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever seen one of those people who treat their dog like a person? Never happens with a cat.

Try putting a sweater on a cat and see what happens. Thus, they rule.
Big Ole Badass Bob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob has to say that he's a cat person. Although he grew up with dogs too, cats are better. Not once did I ever have to worry about the cat pissing or shitting on the floor. Give them a cat box, and the son-o-bitches piss and shit in it. No training necessary. Very Happy And if "man's best friend" is supposed to be so great, then why are dogs pretty much dumb as fuck? Confused I dunno, I'm bias.. but that's cause I had my cat for 16 years and not once did he bother me or annoy me like every dog has. That, and no cat ever ran up to ole Bob and bit him about 5 inches from his meaty ball sack for the hell of it. Mad Yeah.. that sort of sealed the deal for dogs. Evil or Very Mad
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked cats for the same reason as oz. but dogs are good, too. just for deifferent things. like, emotional connection Very Happy.

you need a dog to feel needed. you need a cat to keep you in check and remind you you aren't needed at all.

(if i am late with the cat food, the cat looks around as if to ask "this food dispensing unit is malfunctioning! i will never buy a human again!")
SpasticLemur
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats are cooler because, as George Carlin once said "little fucker ran across the room right into the wall, then turned around and looked at me as if to say "I meant to do that.""

And Badass Bob, you just like cats cause ya like pussy, you old fuck Very Happy

Lemur
Big Ole Badass Bob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spastic Lemur - As you well know, Bob's motto IS "a hole is a hole", but that don't apply to animals. Surprised You a sick son-o-bitch.. but I like you anyway. Very Happy I'm inviting you over for some Chef Boy-Ar-Dee® this weekend. And if you're lucky.. I'll even let you into the coveted Whore Vault™. Rolling Eyes

And hey, just cause I'm an old man.. that don't mean that I still can't pull off my wooden leg and beat the hell outta you, ya fruity bastard. Twisted Evil
SpasticLemur
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Whore Vault? Damn Bob, I'm privelaged! I know you guard them Mexican bitches like gold, and to let an old Lemur into the vault, well thanks! And by the way, us primates love Chef Boy-Ar-Dee. We can't get no good Italian cookin ya know.

As for bein fruity, hell, I'm more fruity than a basket of fruit sittin as a centerpiece in the Vatican. But I like ya bob, you old bastard, yessiree, yer alright in my book. Very Happy
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm allergic to both, but I don't mind sneezing for a dog. I grew up with enormous dogs that could tackle you and lick your face. Dogs make you feel safe and loved. Plus, they have so much personality. We always had cats with emotional problems. One had to take mood elevators, because the stress was causing it to lose all of its hair. We had a gassy dog that would leave the room if you said "Pee-yew." Which is cooler?
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ferret is cooler, really.
Sister Mary Jessica

Location: 123 Sesame Street, NY, NY, USA, North American Continent, Planet Earth, Solar System Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely cats here. Very Happy Growing up I owned three dogs and a hamster. The dogs were annoying as hell. My dog, Ringo... he would escape from the house and run wild all over the neighborhood. I used to have to chase that damn dog down and drag his ass home by the collar. One time he bit into the cable cord and electrocuted himself. After that, the dumb thing chased after parked cars. He'd run smack into them, back up.. and run smack into them again. After Ringo went to go live on the farm, my parents let us have a cat. Best damn animal in the whole wide world. The cat cleaned herself, used a litter box, hunted those icky mice out back in the garden, and she didn't go around sniffing my crotch or the crotch of my friends. Plus, she kept my feet warm at night, and it was wonderful listening to her soft purring. After that, I ended up a cat person. Right now I have a cat who thinks she's a dog. She goes for walks on leashes, plays fetch, and is as loyal as a basset hound. But on the plus side, she uses her litter box, cleans herself, and doesn't destroy my shoes by chewing on them. Yeah.. she's the best. I sure do love her.

My best friends growing up had exotic animals, dogs and cats. All of them prefer the cat too. One had a squirrel that had fallen out of a tree and paralyzed its lower legs. That was an interesting beast to have around. Another friend had a mountain lion they kept in this huge cage. She wasn't much fun because we weren't allowed to go near the cage in case she scratched or bit us. And the other one had a couple of ferrets. One was an albino ferret. They were pretty cool animals, but they stunk up her house. The cage they kept them in was huge and went all over the living room. You couldn't enjoy anything in that room because it smelled like ferret. Plus, sometimes the ferrets would escape and chew or claw things up. They'd also get trapped in certain areas of the home they weren't supposed to be in. You can't trust a ferret to not bite, either. They're like rhodents... but with a longer and furrier body. She still to this day recommends cats over ferrets or dogs. I trust her judgement.
natasha_theobald
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz wrote:
A ferret is cooler, really.

Um, they scratch people and smell bad Confused
sporkgirl
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they don't smell bad once their glands get taken out. and if you bathe them. and they like water!. and cats scratch about 400 times worse.

ferrets steal socks, though. you'll find socks inside the mechanism of your couch if you have a ferret.
Ben
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've seen everything... dogs and toads living in harmony!
Charles Tatum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoltan, the Hound of Hell?
Twisted Evil
Ryan_A
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Tatum wrote:
Zoltan, the Hound of Hell?
Twisted Evil

No, that's Ben, Papal Amphibian.
Maegs
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan_A wrote:
Though I'm allergic to both and haven't had a pet since some goldfish when I was like five,

Hey! Me too!

I've got to go with cats, mostly. Dogs are too needy. Unless you're talking pugs. I would take an allergy pill for my entire life to have a pug. However, the sig other wouldn't so that's out.

Its a pet free life for me.

-M

-V
Oz
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me... pugs are more trouble than they're worth. They have butt issues, which are fairly disgusting and require veterinary assistance on a regular basis.

And they're darn stupid. I had a poodle that learned to sit in four minutes. After 100 minutes, my pug still couldn't figure it out. And he used to bark at walls. Any wall, didn't have to be a scary wall, just a wall.
Thumb the Toad
HBS Monkey
HBS Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats. I love dogs, I have a doberman pincher, but I've had cats all my life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eFilmCritic Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: